PDA

View Full Version : Chopped pot with worst hand

DaBartman
07-02-2003, 04:29 PM
15-30 late night(early morning?) at the Bike. I have two red J's late and raise, button three bets, I 4 bet, button calls. Flop 3 small rags. Bet, raise, I call. Turn rag, check, call. River rag. Check, call. I look at Q /forums/images/icons/spade.gif Q /forums/images/icons/spade.gif

Rick Nebiolo
07-02-2003, 08:41 PM
DaBartman,

This can get tricky. Usually the guy with two queen of spades looked down and saw two black queens and assumed he had the queen of clubs and queen of spades. But some rulebooks specify that betting/raising a fouled hand can/will result in awarding the pot to the foulded hand's opponent. This prevents the fouled hand from angling to win the whole pot but as I mentioned usually the guy with the fouled hand just didn't notice.

In any event at my age mistaking a club for a spade has cost me more than the price of glasses ;-).

~ Rick

Louie Landale
07-03-2003, 05:50 PM
Right. If the rules split this pot then the player with the fouled hand has a free shot at the WHOLE pot by raising and raising. Even if it was an honest mistake, he shouldn't get anything back.

- Louie