PDA

View Full Version : AJs against aggro player

11-25-2005, 05:53 PM
Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (10 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx (http://www.zerodivide.cx/converter)

Hero ($53.05)
MP2 ($46)
MP3 ($48.75)
CO ($44.25)
Button ($105.30)
SB ($79.25)
BB ($38.42)
UTG ($70.43)
UTG+1 ($146.33)
UTG+2 ($38.70)

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif. SB posts a blind of $0.25.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, UTG+2 calls $0.50, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $2</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, CO calls $2, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, BB calls $1.50, UTG+2 calls $1.50.

Flop: ($8.25) K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG+2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $5</font>, CO folds, BB folds, UTG+2 calls $5.

Turn: ($18.25) 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG+2 checks, Hero checks.

River: ($18.25) A/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG+2 bets $10</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: $28.25

Villain was 27/7/1.8.

He was pretty laggy, betting into a lot of pots and taking them down uncontested ( i was not involved in any of them, he was limped and folded to a couple of my raises).

he had check raised a couple of times on the flop.

in retrospect, i think this was a good spot to look him up. is this a terrible fold?

11-25-2005, 06:29 PM
call the river bet, do not fold it. He may be calling you with a weaker ace preflop, and he may think his hand is good since you showed weakness on the turn. If he is aggressive he could be trying to steal the pot on the river. Call it down.

xorbie
11-25-2005, 06:31 PM
This is a very good spot to look him up. Even if you are losing, which isn't necessarily the case, you don't want him thinking he can buy a pot with that small a bet whenever a scary card hits. If he starts betting 2x pot or something like that you can wait for a better hand to call with.

Wayfare
11-25-2005, 06:37 PM
The player you described does not seem laggy (27/7). You only have to be good on the river 1/3 of the time. It's a must call baby.

soah
11-25-2005, 06:38 PM
The preflop/flop action is ugly. Given the manner in which you got to the river, you must call. You've hit one of the only good cards in the deck.

11-25-2005, 06:50 PM
Those are just stats, I was describing the way he was playing at the time.

Since he was check raising flop with what i assume were made hands (the boards were fairly dry, I doubt he was semi bluffing out of position. so, when he check called the flop i thought he most likely holding was a flush draw.

of course, he is going to have a weak hand kt or kj some of the time, but since he was betting out and taking down a lot of pots uncontested i think he was more likely to have bet out with a K (?).

He bet on the river looked a little to "Callable". i put him most likely on the made flush or possibly a rivered two pair.

As i said, in retrospect, i think i should have called, but i wanted to put it up to see what others would say.

thanks.

Ness

11-25-2005, 06:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The preflop/flop action is ugly. Given the manner in which you got to the river, you must call. You've hit one of the only good cards in the deck.

[/ QUOTE ]

should i just limp there preflop most of the time?

is my continuation bet poor becuase of the cold call waiting in the CO?

help /images/graemlins/confused.gif

ajmargarine
11-25-2005, 08:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
should i just limp there preflop most of the time?

is my continuation bet poor becuase of the cold call waiting in the CO?

[/ QUOTE ]

Limping with this is OK given your position. Raising to 4xBB+1BB per limper is OK too. Table feel and how things are running the last few orbits, your image, etc. would all determine whether to raise this or not. Either way is OK.

The CB with this large a field is not goot. K high board, heart draw...just forget about it. Someone's got something more times than not. If you have 3+ villians calling your PFR, it's usually a good idea to pass on the CB.