PDA

View Full Version : What do marathon runners do when they have to pee?

DCopper04
11-25-2005, 05:13 PM
I'm not thinking about the usual marathons. I'm thinking about the 100-mile marathons that take like 19 hours to complete (if you're fast). I know that they sweat out a great deal of fluid during the run, but surely they've hydrated themselves very well beforehand, and they drink a whole lot of fluids during the race too. So what the hell do they do? Can they really hold it in for 19 or more hours? Or do you think a lot of runners just let it go during the race?

tonypaladino
11-25-2005, 05:15 PM
I live by the six mile mark in the NYC marathon, and there is a station of porto-potties set up and a vacant lot nearby is always full of peeing runners. So I guess they just stop and pee. I imagine the guys who actually have a chance of winning don't stop. They are sweating so much they can probably just pee in their pants and no one would notice.

David04
11-25-2005, 05:18 PM
They just let it go.

Diplomat
11-25-2005, 05:19 PM
Just be sure to not eat asparagus the night before.

-Diplomat

craig r
11-25-2005, 05:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Just be sure to not eat asparagus the night before.

-Diplomat

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually maybe the smell would be so bad that the other runners would pass out or at the very least slow down.

craig

11-25-2005, 05:24 PM
On a (somewhat) related note, the winner of some 100 meter dash I was watching told the camera that he always 'ran on a full tank'. It helped him acheive top speed apparently.

Toro
11-25-2005, 05:28 PM
Do you remember Uta Pippet(sp?) a few years ago at the end of the boston marathon. She had blood(assume she started period during the race), piss and [censored] all over her legs.

Stuey
11-25-2005, 05:46 PM
They take a quick "nature break" like in the Tour de France. There will always be someone willing to just go without stopping but I don't think it matters if they are elite or not.

Stupid is as stupid does.

HamJam
11-25-2005, 06:02 PM
Just go man.

http://us.movies1.yimg.com/movies.yahoo.com/images/hv/photo/movie_pix/new_line_cinema/dumb_and_dumber/_group_photos/jeff_daniels1.jpg

Emmitt2222
11-25-2005, 06:09 PM
I went to the Athens one and they didnt even have portopotties, people just went in the woods, men and women. My friend always has to crap when he runs for awhile so when he ran it he tore the bottom off a sock so he could pull it up around his calf. When the time came to crap after about 10 miles, he just ran slightly off the road and went, then he took off the piece of sock and wiped himself. Marathons are crazy, people jsut don't care about anything but running so they even throw off their clothes and leave them on the side of the road for good many times [they always start when its cold].

man
11-25-2005, 06:48 PM
100-mile races take more than 9 hours to complete. in that time, several one-minute piss breaks will not make a significant difference if you're running for first. I think your question will be better received at lets run! (www.letsrun.com) . and you won't get made fun of, either.

OtisTheMarsupial
11-25-2005, 08:17 PM
It's the same answer for these questions:

Where do you pee during Marti Gras in New Orleans?
Where do you pee during New Year's Eve in Las Vegas?
Where do you pee at a frat party?
Where do you pee at the mall on the day after Thanksgiving?

The answer is, if you have time/patience to spare, you wait in line at the porta potties or publilc restrooms. If you don't have time/patience, you pee where ever the hell you can.

craig r
11-25-2005, 08:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]

The answer is, if you have time/patience to spare, you wait in line at the porta potties or publilc restrooms. If you don't have time/patience, you pee where ever the hell you can.

[/ QUOTE ]

So, little bit of a hijack. But, when I go out to smoke at night, I usually pee and find it more enjoyable than using the toilet. Plus our toilet is lound, wastes water, and wakes the wife up. But, forget my BS justifications, I enjoy more than peeing inside. Instead of peeing when I am smoking, I sometimes find myself smoking, while I pee outside. Anybody else in the same boat?

smoore
11-25-2005, 08:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So, little bit of a hijack. But, when I go out to smoke at night, I usually pee and find it more enjoyable than using the toilet. Plus our toilet is lound, wastes water, and wakes the wife up. But, forget my BS justifications, I enjoy more than peeing inside. Instead of peeing when I am smoking, I sometimes find myself smoking, while I pee outside. Anybody else in the same boat?

[/ QUOTE ]

heh, you pee in your yard. just be sure not to piss on the dogs sleeping under your trailer's porch.

partygirluk
11-25-2005, 08:27 PM
Paula Radcliffe stopped for a pee/poo on the side of the road on her way to winning the 2005 London marathon. http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/graphics/gallery/londonmarathon/upixmara3.jpg

11-25-2005, 08:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

heh, you pee in your yard. just be sure not to piss on the dogs sleeping under your trailer's porch.

[/ QUOTE ]

And the wife.

craig r
11-25-2005, 08:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey stupid, we don't have a porch. We did, but we are using it for a car block. How dumb are you?

craig

p.s. I live in an apartment complex (duplex) and I pee behind in the shadows. I can't believe no one pees outside. So, am I the only one that poops out in my yard as well.

smoore
11-25-2005, 08:33 PM
gold, Jerry, GOLD!

Do you blame the craps on the neighbor's dog?

craig r
11-25-2005, 08:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
gold, Jerry, GOLD!

Do you blame the craps on the neighbor's dog?

[/ QUOTE ]

Ummm, the neighbors had a puppy breeding ground, but it got shut down, so there are no more dogs. So, now I blame it on my pregnant wife. But, I don't have much time for excuses, we have to move the trailer somewhere closer to where it floods, tornadoes, or hurricanes. That is taking up a lot of my time. Well, that and yelling at black people as they walk by my single wide..yup, i like my trailers single wide and my women double wide.

craig