PDA

View Full Version : an entertaining game at the bar

gumpzilla
11-25-2005, 03:47 PM
So last night I was out with some friends for some post-dinner drinking at this bar. The DJ was favoring us with a considerable amount of 60's, 70's and 80's music, skewed somewhat heavily toward the 80's. Somebody then had the excellent idea of starting a pool to see whose song would come up first. 1 ante purchased 1 song; whichever song named came up first won the prize pool. Songs are purchased as the money comes in, so getting the money in there early to pick off strong contenders is worthwhile. Requests from the DJ (or jukebox in similar situations) are not acceptable.

Two rounds were played: the winning songs were Pour Some Sugar on Me, followed very closely by Brown-Eyed Girl. (In the first round I had Livin' On a Prayer and Brown-Eyed Girl; immediately following Pour Some Sugar, Shot Through the Heart came on, so I scrapped the Bon Jovi for the second round and was vindicated when Brown-Eyed Girl was the very next song. Rightfully intimidated by my excellent form, no further rounds were played.)

I highly recommend this game.