PDA

View Full Version : ($27) Hand vs. bawcerelli

durron597
11-25-2005, 03:30 PM
He pushed my SB last orbit, too.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t200 (6 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx (http://www.zerodivide.cx/converter)

SB (t1405)
Hero (t2455)
UTG (t900)
MP (t5000)
CO (t1355)
Button (t2385)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises to t1405</font>, Hero ???

tigerite
11-25-2005, 03:35 PM
You know you should call. Just don't hate him too much when his Q4o sucks out on the river. Oh sorry, that was against me yesterday and not bawcarelli.

jeffraider
11-25-2005, 03:59 PM
This seems like a pretty easy fold with the blinds this small.

durron597
11-25-2005, 04:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What range do you put him on?

gumpzilla
11-25-2005, 04:12 PM
Even if you put him on any two, A3s against that range is only 58% equity. If you tighten up his range at all, A3 starts to suffer pretty badly. Winning and getting his chips places you comparably to the big stack, but doesn't put you in a position where you alone can run roughshod over the table. Losing puts you in an uncomfortable position. I think this is a fold.

durron597
11-25-2005, 04:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Even if you put him on any two, A3s against that range is only 58% equity. If you tighten up his range at all, A3 starts to suffer pretty badly.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not until we get below the top 40% of hands. Plus I'm suited. Plus he only has 7xBB and we have the dead money from my BB.

tigerite
11-25-2005, 04:17 PM
You need around 50% equity to make the call, so if he's pushing any two, you absolutely must call. I think even tight 2+2ers would be pushing a pretty wide range here, especially as he himself probably knows durron is 2+2. 40% seems about dead on the money for me in fact.

gumpzilla
11-25-2005, 04:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Plus I'm suited.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, that's what A3s means.

[ QUOTE ]

Plus he only has 7xBB and we have the dead money from my BB.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm aware of these issues as well. With several stacks substantially weaker than you at the moment though, you're in pretty good shape at the moment. Losing a bunch of chips severely hurts your equity, gaining a bunch of chips isn't going to give you a correspondingly high boost in equity. You haven't really done anything to convince me this is a call.

gumpzilla
11-25-2005, 04:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You need around 50% equity to make the call, so if he's pushing any two, you absolutely must call.

[/ QUOTE ]

That low? That astonishes me. This is an ICM figure?

tigerite
11-25-2005, 04:21 PM
Of course it's an ICM figure, what do you take me for /images/graemlins/grin.gif

If we assume you want a +0.4% edge.. then it's 49.8%.

bigt439
11-25-2005, 04:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
He pushed my SB last orbit, too.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t200 (6 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx (http://www.zerodivide.cx/converter)

SB (t1405)
Hero (t2455)
UTG (t900)
MP (t5000)
CO (t1355)
Button (t2385)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises to t1405</font>, Hero ???

[/ QUOTE ]

The villain in this hand would have to be terrible for this to be a fold. Given that he is a 2+2er I think this is a very easy call. Play around with SNGPT.

bawcerelli
11-25-2005, 04:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What range do you put him on?

[/ QUOTE ]

my range here is usually JJ+. i misclicked all in. so next time i will have JJ+ and you can easily fold. as far as your call goes, i was a little surprised by it, but i don't hate it. i probably wouldn't have made the call, but i'm weak tight when it comes to calling. and of course you were ahead of me preflop so you probably shouldn't second guess yourself.

11-25-2005, 04:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]

my range here is usually JJ+. i misclicked all in.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol.

I'd fold here and I'm surprised it's close.

pokerlaw
11-25-2005, 04:59 PM
As the SB here, I am pushing a lot of hands. A3s is 51.6% against the top 50% of hands, which is about where my range is.

Given the dead money in the blinds and the fact that elimniating a 2+2er (compared to an average $27er) is also a good thing, this is a quick call for me.

ilya
11-25-2005, 05:00 PM
Clear call I think, it's a call if you're both using a GT equilibrium strategy.

durron597
11-25-2005, 05:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]

my range here is usually JJ+. i misclicked all in. so next time i will have JJ+ and you can easily fold. as far as your call goes, i was a little surprised by it, but i don't hate it. i probably wouldn't have made the call, but i'm weak tight when it comes to calling. and of course you were ahead of me preflop so you probably shouldn't second guess yourself.

[/ QUOTE ]

I actually thought that you thought that I would be tight about calling and thus pushing with a wider range than you might otherwise, which means I should call wider.

bawcerelli
11-25-2005, 05:26 PM
no, i knew you'd loosen your range up, but i still had to push with K7o IMO.

durron597
11-25-2005, 06:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If you think that K7o is a required push, then I think I have to call with the A3s. Just sucked that after I doubled up again the KJo beat my ATo /images/graemlins/frown.gif

ilya
11-25-2005, 06:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If you think that K7o is a required push, then I think I have to call with the A3s. Just sucked that after I doubled up again the KJo beat my ATo /images/graemlins/frown.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

just FYI, the GT-optimal balance is approx. 55% push / 25% call.

durron597
11-25-2005, 06:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]

just FYI, the GT-optimal balance is approx. 55% push / 25% call.

[/ QUOTE ]

Which means we both played it right. Nice suckout bawcerelli.

bawcerelli
11-25-2005, 06:31 PM
you aint seen nothing yet. just ask fenef, the suckouts i've given him are like 2% of my ROI. /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

bigt439
11-26-2005, 04:07 AM
This post seems really weird to me. This seems like an easy push with any two, and an easy call with A3s... This gets a little more complicated since you both know each other to be 2+2ers, but folding A3s seems ridiculous... and thinking about pushing K7o for more than two milliseconds seems even more ridiculous...

ilya
11-26-2005, 04:38 AM
[ QUOTE ]
This post seems really weird to me. This seems like an easy push with any two, and an easy call with A3s... This gets a little more complicated since you both know each other to be 2+2ers, but folding A3s seems ridiculous... and thinking about pushing K7o for more than two milliseconds seems even more ridiculous...

[/ QUOTE ]

If BB is savvy, it's definitely not a push with any 2.

bigt439
11-26-2005, 04:47 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If BB is savvy, it's definitely not a push with any 2.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I know and I kind of qualified that statement by saying that it changes since they're both 2+2ers... but against anyone else I think this is a push with any 2. I'm just trying to show that sb should be pushing a lot and bb should be calling a fair amount.

durron597
11-26-2005, 04:56 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

He definitely knew it was me, if it wasn't for the avatar and username (which is the same), we had chatted at the table too.

Anyway, folding A3s is not ridiculous. It's a close decision no matter which side of the fence you're on.

bigt439
11-26-2005, 05:05 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

He definitely knew it was me, if it wasn't for the avatar and username (which is the same), we had chatted at the table too.

Anyway, folding A3s is not ridiculous. It's a close decision no matter which side of the fence you're on.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well if he's pushing 22+,A2+,K5o+,K2s+,Q9o+,Q8s+,J9s+, then this is +0.2... I don't see how he can not push any of these hands... I see him pushing with waaaay more... Him pushing J9s with you calling 100% of hands is +0.5% so I don't see where the dilemma is... He just has to be so grossly tight for this to be a fold... So tight that I don't think you can make him that no matter what your calling range... Unless he's just way too tight, but I don't think he could be that bad.

durron597
11-26-2005, 05:09 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Well if he's pushing 22+,A2+,K5o+,K2s+,Q9o+,Q8s+,J9s+, then this is +0.2... I don't see how he can not push any of these hands... I see him pushing with waaaay more... Him pushing J9s with you calling 100% of hands is +0.5% so I don't see where the dilemma is... He just has to be so grossly tight for this to be a fold... So tight that I don't think you can make him that no matter what your calling range... Unless he's just way too tight, but I don't think he could be that bad.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm in the call camp (I did call) but isn't +0.2% a close call? Some would argue it's a fold since you should fold small edges to reduce variance?

bawcerelli
11-26-2005, 05:09 AM
i've haven't played too much with dur, but in general i play way tight, much much more than you're average sng'er (that is of course until bubble time). that's why i was a little surprised he called, but of course he knows he has to loosen up a bit against me.

durron597
11-26-2005, 05:11 AM
[ QUOTE ]
i've haven't played too much with dur, but in general i play way tight, much much more than you're average sng'er (that is of course until bubble time). that's why i was a little surprised he called, but of course he knows he has to loosen up a bit against me.

[/ QUOTE ]

If it wasn't for this fact I wouldn't have posted the hand.

Melchiades
11-26-2005, 05:12 AM
I hope you yelled at him and called him a fish for calling with that garbage.

bigt439
11-26-2005, 05:19 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm in the call camp (I did call) but isn't +0.2% a close call? Some would argue it's a fold since you should fold small edges to reduce variance?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well it's a reasonably close call, but my point was that he should be pushing much more than that, so that you'd be getting much more than +0.2%. Just from the tone of this post it sounds like bawcerelli is way too tight and maybe that's why my replies are coming off as a bit too definitive. I don't know who played this wrong, but if he's not pushing enough to make this a call, he's playing very sub-optimally.

durron597
11-26-2005, 05:23 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I hope you yelled at him and called him a fish for calling with that garbage.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why would he have? He sucked out on me.

bawcerelli
11-26-2005, 05:23 AM
bigt you've almost got the complete picture. basically i'm playing way tight in the early parts of the game, getting involved with only strong hands. as the bubble comes up, i'm opening up and getting more aggressive. durron is put in a tough spot here, because he doesn't know if i'm pushing with a strong hand (that i usually have) or i'm opening up here and stealing his blind.

Melchiades
11-26-2005, 05:26 AM
There is time to yell before he sees that he is sucking out. After he sucked out I hope you yelled at him for being a fish and pushing that garbage. It's the best of both worlds baby.

durron597
11-26-2005, 01:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
bigt you've almost got the complete picture. basically i'm playing way tight in the early parts of the game, getting involved with only strong hands. as the bubble comes up, i'm opening up and getting more aggressive. durron is put in a tough spot here, because he doesn't know if i'm pushing with a strong hand (that i usually have) or i'm opening up here and stealing his blind.

[/ QUOTE ]

Basically I figured that if you haven't loosened up by now you are either a losing player or a very very small winner, which is not what you suggest by your other posts. Also you stole my blind last orbit.

bigt439
11-26-2005, 02:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Basically I figured that if you haven't loosened up by now you are either a losing player or a very very small winner, which is not what you suggest by your other posts. Also you stole my blind last orbit.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bingo.

bawcerelli
11-26-2005, 03:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm a losing player; don't call next time. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Bill Poker
11-26-2005, 04:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
my range here is usually JJ+. i misclicked all in. so next time i will have JJ+ and you can easily fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

yea you are right, next time I will only call you when I have QQ+, maybe AK occasionally;) /images/graemlins/wink.gif

this hand though, I would fold.

bawcerelli
11-26-2005, 04:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
my range here is usually JJ+. i misclicked all in. so next time i will have JJ+ and you can easily fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

yea you are right, next time I will only call you when I have QQ+, maybe AK occasionally;) /images/graemlins/wink.gif

this hand though, I would fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

you would fold in who's spot, mine or durron's?

tigerite
11-26-2005, 05:19 PM
This is quite a crazy thread really, you pushed correctly, he called correctly.. what's the problem /images/graemlins/confused.gif

microbet
11-26-2005, 06:17 PM
Excellent hand to see why you need to have reads. Calling here is a HUGE mistake against some opponents and folding is a HUGE (not quite as huge) mistake against others. With no read I fold, but here I call.