PDA

View Full Version : Attitude check, PS $10 NLHE SNG

Gar Pike
11-25-2005, 03:30 PM
Apologies if this comes off looking like a bad beat post, I did lose the hand in spite of what I thought was my best effort. I'm trying to get opinions on whether I played this correctly, ideas on different ways of playing this, and, if possible, adjustments for buy-in level.

My cards: KK
My position: 1 seat right of CO
Villian Stack: 1500-ish

Blinds 50-100, 7 people, My stack 3500-ish

Action: 1 EP call, folds to me, I raise to 400, button calls, EP limper folds.

Flop: A K Q all diamonds.

I bet 650

Villian calls

Turn: rag

I ?

FWIW I put him all in.

My thought on the flop was if he re-raised me I could fold, he was pretty aggressive with his good hands. If he was on a draw, I wasn't giving him the right odds to call.

I put him on AQ, Ax(1 diamond). He would have re-raised pf w/ JJ+ or AK, probably folded NE2sooted.

I think I did this right, I'm just checking. I didn't push pf because I didn't think 250 was worth it, was that a mistake?

Would pushing after the flop be better as a standard, instead of just trying to price out draws? Is that level-dependent?

regards

Gar

1C5
11-25-2005, 03:38 PM
Remember something...
A rule of poker: Make your opponents make mistakes. If you push PF and he folds with his Ax or whatever, then he didn't make a mistake so pushing PF would be bad.

The raise was fine.

After the flop...the bet is fine...

After the turn, the push is fine...

SnGs are too short to put yur opponent on a flopped flush/straight and even more so at the $10 level.

I play it the same way everytime and may bet more on the flop but maybe not...