PDA

View Full Version : JJ under the gun ............... twice!

Stealthy
11-25-2005, 03:04 PM
The only hands I seem to be posting recently are JJ hands. Well here are 2 more. I am not sure I should have given up the lead in the first and I know that generally I do not 3 bet enough.

Hand 1

Vilain is 35/7/3.7 over 100 hands and is a little too aggressive but will give up if he thinks he is beat. He will keep betting if checked to.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx (http://www.zerodivide.cx/converter)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with J/images/graemlins/spade.gif, J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, CO calls, Button calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (8.50 SB) 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif, T/images/graemlins/club.gif, 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, Button folds, BB folds, Hero calls.

Turn: (6.25 BB) 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (8.25 BB) 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>

Should I simply 3 bet the flop here to keep the lead? And what do you think of the river?

Hand 2

CO is a very loose 62/0/0.6 after only 30 hands, BB is 53/12/1.4 after 50 hands. So both could have anything.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx (http://www.zerodivide.cx/converter)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with J/images/graemlins/club.gif, J/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, CO calls, Button calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (8.50 SB) 5/images/graemlins/club.gif, T/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO calls, Button folds, BB calls.

Turn: (5.75 BB) A/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, BB calls, Hero folds.

My plan on the flop was to fire again if a non-ace fell and when it did I would likely have called it down if BB had dropped out.

I am unsure on this 2nd one whether the state of the game made me give up the pot too easy or whether I was right to drop anyway. It was my last hand on the my last table to shut down after a good session and I may have been focusing more on not losing much with the hand rather than trying to win it.

A_K
11-25-2005, 03:36 PM
Grunch.

Hand 2: Given your read, I think that hand 1 is fine. A 3-bet on the flop or raise on the turn is going to push this guy out of the pot if we're ahead. If we're behind, then check-calling loses the least (with the exception of your river raise). I suppose that you might also consider raising the turn for a "free" river card, and then bet the river if its a brick. (Non-A, non straight-completing card). Do you have a read on whether this guy will push a draw?

Hand 2: BB's call makes this hand easy to get away from, IMHO.