PDA

View Full Version : what perfume?

peterchi
11-25-2005, 12:49 PM
Looking to buy a perfume for a gf-type. A quasi-on-and-off-long-term-long-distance-I-dream-about-doing-her-24-hours-a-day type of girl.

I know that she already has Cool Water and pretty much the whole line of Victoria's Secret because she used to work there. She has a bunch of others too but I'm not sure which ones.

Surprisingly I've never bought her a perfume yet. Probably because I figured she had enough on her own. But I wanna step up to the plate now.

Did a search, no luck.

So give me your recommendations please!

Vavavoom
11-25-2005, 12:58 PM
Kenzo - Flowers

11-25-2005, 01:02 PM
Thierry Mugler - Angel

DarrenX
11-25-2005, 01:09 PM
Go to any mall perfume counter (or perfume store, if you happen to have one in your mall)- the cute girl behind the counter will be more than happy to help you find something. She'll ask questions on preferences... floral, citrus, woodsy, light, strong... haven't gone wrong yet with this approach.

craig r
11-25-2005, 03:56 PM
My wife likes Gucci a lot. I always buy my mom the same kind, which is Oscar. But, I personally can't tell the difference between cologne and perfume.

craig

diebitter
11-25-2005, 03:57 PM
Chanel No.5

craig r
11-25-2005, 04:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Chanel No.5

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you. My wife had mentioned another perfume and that was the one. I had completely forgotten.

craig

OtisTheMarsupial
11-25-2005, 08:37 PM
You have to ask her. Every woman is different and perfume is a very personal thing. Tell her you want to buy your sister/cousin/mom some perfume and ask her what she likes.

LittleOldLady
11-26-2005, 03:39 AM
Any given perfume will smell different on every wearer, as the perfume interacts with each wearer's unique body chemistry. If you don't know what she likes/uses (like by scouting out her bedroom/bathroom for partially used perfumes/colognes), take her to the perfume counter and let her try on different choices until she finds what works. Then buy her the (expensive) perfume, not the (cheaper) cologne.