PDA

View Full Version : 3/6 A8s HU on the flop, standard?

Somekid
11-25-2005, 12:47 PM
No solid read. Should I play it the same if he was a LAG?

I think the river fold is standard. The pot is small and he's been betting the whole time and the fact that I'm UTG means It doesn't look like a blind steal.

Party Poker 3.00/6.00 Hold'em <font color="#0000FF">(5 handed)</font> link (http://www.darksun.lunarpages.com/poker/)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with A/images/graemlins/club.gif, 8/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (4.33 SB) 6/images/graemlins/club.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 5/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (4.17 BB) 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (6.17 BB) 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 7.17 BB.

Transference
11-25-2005, 12:57 PM
You should be 3 betting this flop pretty often for a variety of reasons.

First of all don't completley discount the value of A high heads up when your played back at on a raggedy, drawy flop.
If you get capped on the flop (the avg 3/6er doesnt always do this even with a queen) its far from a disaster, you generally know where you stand unimproved, and you know your in trouble if the aggression continues when you improve to top pair.

The pot isnt big, but we love a turn check from villian here, and we dont always take the free card when we fail to improve.

Spicymoose
11-25-2005, 01:00 PM
Yeah, I 3-bet the flop pretty often. On the river, I guess you could be ahead of an overagressive flush draw, but all of the straight draws have hands that now have you beat. Along with the fact that the check raise is also some sort of pair, I think you can fold this river. I just don't see you winning enough.

11-25-2005, 01:00 PM
This is often a 3bet imo. Folding equity is big HU.