PDA

View Full Version : Put this villian on a hand and tell me what to do

11-25-2005, 12:46 PM
Villian is 25/7/1.6 and has not gotten out of line much. I only have 120 hands on him though. My image is solid.

Party Poker 50/100 Hold'em (9 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx (http://www.zerodivide.cx/converter)

Preflop: Hero is BB with K/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, CO calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB completes, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO calls, SB calls.

Flop: (6 SB) J/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO calls, SB calls.

Turn: (4.50 BB) T/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, SB calls, Hero calls.

River: (10.50 BB) A/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises ...

MarkL444
11-25-2005, 12:48 PM
why are you betting the turn or river?

11-25-2005, 12:48 PM
After getting called twice on the flop I check call one on the turn and bet call the river. As played, fold the river.

11-25-2005, 12:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
why are you betting the turn or river?

[/ QUOTE ]

Turn: semi-bluff, want one of my opponents to fold, put pressure on the flush draws, etc. I weighed check calling and figured I was not likely to get raised because they would fear AA or KK, so betting was superior. So then I got raised of course.

River: Um, I hit my ace and I probably have the best hand.

SB was 17-10, btw, so I didn't figure him for a big hand and I am pretty sure he would have bet if he'd hit the flop.

lil feller
11-25-2005, 03:24 PM
his preflop limp makes it tough, really tough. My best guess would be a6s or 56s. Either way you're toast, fold the river. I'm also pretty sure I fold to the turn raise after the SB calls 2 cold. He's either got a monster, or has a bunch of your outs locked up with spades, and it certainly seems that you're drawing on the turn.

lf

wheeler
11-25-2005, 04:10 PM
Since you only ever post hands where you won, it's quite clear that you should reraise.

11-25-2005, 04:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Since you only ever post hands where you won, it's quite clear that you should reraise.

[/ QUOTE ]

Owned.

SLEEPER
11-25-2005, 06:15 PM
Assuming the cutoff is reasonable and the table is not extremely loose, I would think that a hand like 56 suited would not be played in this position for its odds potential. Personally, I would raise with a hand like this from this position.... I guess maybe A6 suited is playable.... but I think our opp probably has a hand like AJ or J10.... It is tough to tell unless I know how the table is playing.....

My guess would be AJ..... I don't think he would limp with a 6, and I am pretty sure he knows that his J10 would be losing to any ace....

Given the texture of the board, I would not be putting in any raises on the river with AK....

11-26-2005, 12:44 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Owned.

[/ QUOTE ]

I lost this hand.

mc1023
11-26-2005, 02:00 PM
villain doesn't get out of line much and your representing an overpair with your preflop to turn line and he is showing no fear, I would check/call or bet/fold this river.

I figure villain has something like AJ,AT since he doesn't raise much preflop, but then again A6,67,69 kind of hands are very possible since he's pretty loose.

11-26-2005, 02:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
villain doesn't get out of line much and your representing an overpair with your preflop to turn line and he is showing no fear, I would check/call or bet/fold this river.

I figure villain has something like AJ,AT since he doesn't raise much preflop, but then again A6,67,69 kind of hands are very possible since he's pretty loose.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, it's tough to put him on a hand here. He's raise with A6 surely in that position, so I discounted that right away. AJ/A10, same thing. So what does he have? I was totally confused on the river here. Did he spike his ace with something lame like A2? Why would he limp with an ace? Why would he be here with a 6 in his hand unless it was a suited conn or A6, in which case why not raise pf or raise the turn??

Nothing about this hand made any sense to me, frankly. It still bugs me.