PDA

View Full Version : fold the turn?

11-25-2005, 12:27 PM
villian is 53/19/1.3
Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx (http://www.zerodivide.cx/converter)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 6/images/graemlins/club.gif, 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Button calls, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (3 SB) 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls, SB folds.

Turn: (2.50 BB) 4/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, Hero calls.

River: (6.50 BB) 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 8.50 BB

as i look back to my hand i thing i should have folded the river, what do you tnhink?

11-25-2005, 12:29 PM
I dont think so. He looks like a player who would raise any ace or pp preflop.

11-25-2005, 01:06 PM
yes, bu he is also better with any 5 better kicker, I dont know if that kind of player would semi/bluff this river

Spicymoose
11-25-2005, 01:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
yes, bu he is also better with any 5 better kicker, I dont know if that kind of player would semi/bluff this river

[/ QUOTE ]

I can't tell if you are talking about the turn or river. On the turn, yes, any 5 with a better kicker has you beat, but you have 4 outs to straights, 3 outs to two pair, and plenty of outs that will chop the pot.

There is no such thing as semi-bluffing the river.

He may semi-bluff the turn with hearts.

He almost never has an ace, and you may be chopping, and you may be winning. I call the river. If the 4 hadn't come, I think this would be much closer, and I might fold.

11-25-2005, 01:41 PM
well i was talking about turn, with semi/bluff i mean exactly flush draw, when i called the turn i woul call almost any river card (is this not good)
what makes you fold if the second 4 wouldent come? ie what card(s) are you afreid?

Spicymoose
11-25-2005, 01:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
well i was talking about turn, with semi/bluff i mean exactly flush draw, when i called the turn i woul call almost any river card (is this not good)
what makes you fold if the second 4 wouldent come? ie what card(s) are you afreid?

[/ QUOTE ]

It is not so much that I would be scared of the cards, it is just I think we are probably losing here. The reason I like the 4 so much is because it gives us half the pot whenever he was raising the turn with the 5. I guess I call the river sometimes, but I am trying to fold more when I think I am beat, and the pot isn't huge.

11-25-2005, 01:51 PM
Had it not been for your gutter I would have folded the turn and not made it to the river fold.

11-25-2005, 01:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Had it not been for your gutter I would have folded the turn and not made it to the river fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

yep i agree with that, i saw i pointed the question wrong, i was meaning to fold on the turn, i will edit the original post