PDA

View Full Version : Is ANYONE here going to go holiday shopping today?

whiskeytown
11-25-2005, 11:52 AM
My alarm clock didn't go off last night, and so I thought I might have to replace it today before going to bed.

No friggen way....I'm not going anywhere near a retail store today. I'll use my phone's alarm.

I'm stunned any reasonable person would start that kind of shopping today. Do you guys even consider it?

RB

MelK
11-25-2005, 11:54 AM
The key to the day after Thanksgiving is to check out the sales flyers ahead of time, pick out what you want (some great sales today) and arrive when they open at 6 or 7 am. Grab what you want and check out within 1/2 hour. No check out lines, got your stuff, go home.

craig r
11-25-2005, 12:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
My alarm clock didn't go off last night, and so I thought I might have to replace it today before going to bed.

No friggen way....I'm not going anywhere near a retail store today. I'll use my phone's alarm.

I'm stunned any reasonable person would start that kind of shopping today. Do you guys even consider it?

RB

[/ QUOTE ]

It would be kind of fun to go if I could come up with pranks to pull on all the crazy shoppers. Or, if I had something to give away. "Since you will be shopping all day, we have 8-balls on sale in aisle 9. If that isn't your thing we have a buy one get one free of Xanex."

p.s. Whiskey, I have been responding to a lot of your threads, I promise I am not stalking you (unless that is your thing).

whiskeytown
11-25-2005, 12:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
p.s. Whiskey, I have been responding to a lot of your threads, I promise I am not stalking you (unless that is your thing).

[/ QUOTE ]

Only if you're a woman, which I gather, Craig, you are not...LOL

After the [censored] I've caught lately I'm just glad to have threads people would rather respond then flame.

RB

craig r
11-25-2005, 12:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Only if you're a woman, which I gather, Craig, you are not...LOL

After the [censored] I've caught lately I'm just glad to have threads people would rather respond then flame.

RB

[/ QUOTE ]

Speaking of "flaming", so you don't want me to stalk you? Aren't you in a band? Don't you need groupies? I can throw my boxers on the stage.

craig

utmt40
11-25-2005, 12:09 PM
Hell no its going to be nuts today.

captZEEbo1
11-25-2005, 12:28 PM
the money you save (for the most part) won't be worth your time if you make a reasonable rate per hour. Last year my parents stood in line at best buy for like 90 minutes, not to mention traffic etc....

ChipWrecked
11-25-2005, 12:34 PM
No.

Arkansas - LSU game, then nap. It's raining; perfect excuse.

JonPKibble
11-25-2005, 01:48 PM
As a rule of thumb, I *usually* avoid anything done by the masses in large droves.

11-25-2005, 01:58 PM
Gave the gal-pal some money and sent her on her way. There's football to watch and forbidden P-word to play.

TaxGoddess
11-25-2005, 02:12 PM
I was, but wimped out when I saw all the cars in the mall parking lot.

Was also going to hit Walmart at 5 am, but when I found the Friday am sale price on the 2 items I wanted online, I just ordered them online.

Ogre
11-25-2005, 02:15 PM
i think everybody who did go shopping today had left before you posted this

TaxGoddess
11-25-2005, 02:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I wasn't trying to educate anyone, just pointing out what I learned looking at the circular online. Most of the mega sale items were only available at the brick & mortar stores, like the $400 laptop, the $4 coffeemaker, etc.

Ogre
11-25-2005, 03:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I wasn't trying to educate anyone, just pointing out what I learned looking at the circular online. Most of the mega sale items were only available at the brick & mortar stores, like the $400 laptop, the $4 coffeemaker, etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

sorry i was unclear, i meant this post in general

astroglide
11-25-2005, 03:12 PM
i basically never shop on black friday

MarkL444
11-25-2005, 03:15 PM
why go shopping now when you can do it all 2 days before christmas?

AngryCola
11-25-2005, 03:20 PM
This was my first and last attempt at shopping on Black Friday.

Best Buy was nuts. Don't go there today unless you absolutely must make some sort of purchase that can't wait until later this weekend.

vexvelour
11-25-2005, 03:28 PM
I tried last year, so not worth it. If you MUST get your shopping done before December, go tomorrow.

Anyway, I was informed that this is National Buy Nothing day if you're anti-corporation.

mason55
11-25-2005, 06:10 PM
I am home for Thanksgiving. I told my mom and sister what I wanted them to buy for me last night before they went to bed. I went out and got smashed with old friends. Woke up today around 3 and had 8 new shirts for work waiting for me. They didn't fit so I sent my mom back to the store to exchange them and went back to sleep.

Muwahahah.

Femto
11-25-2005, 06:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The key to the day after Thanksgiving is to check out the sales flyers ahead of time, pick out what you want (some great sales today) and arrive when they open at 6 or 7 am. Grab what you want and check out within 1/2 hour. No check out lines, got your stuff, go home.

[/ QUOTE ]rofl

it aint that easy bro. people were lined up at best buy and wal mart today starting at midnight, and by 5am opening there were near 1000 people totally wrapped around the city block. i've never seen anything like it.

11-25-2005, 08:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]

RB

[/ QUOTE ]

No self-respecing guy would be caught dead shopping today. Let the GF's, wives, Mom's do their thing and STYD (shop till they drop). Today is a day for golf, followed by a leisurely lunch, and a trip to my local B&M for a bit o poker, followed up later tonight with some more poke-her.

OtisTheMarsupial
11-25-2005, 08:30 PM
FYI, a lot of the sales are valid for today's online shopping as well. You can avoid the lines, the mess, the fights, the screaming kids...