PDA

View Full Version : One table tournaments or two-three table tournies?

11-25-2005, 11:16 AM
Can someone elaborate on which is more profitable? I am a winner in the two-three table mtt's on PokerStars over the course of a few hundred buyins, and I never play the single table ones. Also, does anyone know if HOH1 and HOH2 strategy applies only to mtt's -I plan on buying these.

11-25-2005, 11:21 AM
One table tournaments are more profitabe in terms of $/hr, which is probably what you're looking for.

Do buy HOH1+2, they are great for both your MTT and your STT game. They are great at pointing you in the right direction of reasoning and thinking in tournament play and will most likely add to your game.

11-25-2005, 11:24 AM
My guess is that you can maintain a higher ROI in the two-table SNGs, but that your hourly rate will be about the same.

Many of the examples in HOH are from single table satellites or SNGs. While some of the examples involved low stack:blind ratios, I don't think there was a focus on the rapidly increasing blinds that you get in a PP or PS turbo SNG. It's touched upon, but not extensively. At least that's my recollection.

11-25-2005, 11:33 AM
Hmm interesting, I heard that better players have a larger advantage over bad players in two-three table SnG's. If the hourly rate for one table SnG's is better, then I'm gonna change over to soley one table tournies.

11-25-2005, 11:40 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Hmm interesting, I heard that better players have a larger advantage over bad players in two-three table SnG's.

[/ QUOTE ]
Sure, but it takes longer. Personally, I would not be surprised if hourly rate in 2 or 3 table games turns out to be equal to or slightly higher than in one table SNGs. But, that is contrary to popular opinion. And, I doubt there are many people who have played enough of both to give a reliable answer. (MY ROI and hourly rate are much higher at 2-table games, but my sample is ridiculously small.)

11-26-2005, 05:17 AM
Are we talking 'Normal' SNG's or Turbos?

I recently switched from single table turbo's to 2/3 table turbos. The time difference is minimal... Rarely will a match go over an hour.

11-26-2005, 01:57 PM
What do you think a good cash% is for the party 2 and 3 table SNGs?

11-26-2005, 02:01 PM
My experience (small sample) is that two-table turbos are about 25%-33% longer than one-table turbos. That's still shorter than a non-turbo SNG at PS.