PDA

View Full Version : NC, 10+1s really do play like the 5+1

Buccaneer
11-25-2005, 11:01 AM
Wanted to thank you guys for encouraging me to play 10s. You were right. They play much like 5s and infact I find that there are fewer cronic "push with any two" and this makes it easier to play in early rounds and they still pick off each other. It is still easy to pick out the "aware" players and get out of thier way untill you have to duke it out with them.

I would post results but I know that you have to play in 283,471 tourneys before your stats mean anything. I do have a few general questions I hope dont seem too newbieish.
1) When ITM I have alot of first, very few seconds, and some thirds. Do you think that I am playing to much for first?
2) I go out early or late. I play very tight but if the cards come they need to be played. No pushing for me early but I do make reasonable bets for the pot. Do you think that I should try to reduce the number of my early exits or is this just a cost of doing bussiness?
3) Do you guys have any serious 2+2 tourneys for low stakes where learning is the main goal? Never mind, I found the sticky post with schedule.

11-25-2005, 11:36 AM
[ QUOTE ]
1) When ITM I have alot of first, very few seconds, and some thirds. Do you think that I am playing to much for first?

[/ QUOTE ]When I started out, my ITM distribution was also like this. Over time it has gotten to the point where 1st and 3rd are about equal and 2nd is a bit lower.

As long as you're making money, it doesn't really matter what ITM distribution you end up with. But, people who play the tight early, push, don't call approach that is thought to be best for multi-tabling SNGS will tend towards more firsts and thirds than second (and probably more thirds than firsts). Right?
[ QUOTE ]
2) I go out early or late. I play very tight but if the cards come they need to be played. No pushing for me early but I do make reasonable bets for the pot. Do you think that I should try to reduce the number of my early exits or is this just a cost of doing bussiness?

[/ QUOTE ]
If your bets are "reasonable" then you're OK. The real question is whether the bets are reasonable. Youcan only determine that by studying the hand records.
[ QUOTE ]
3) Do you guys have any serious 2+2 tourneys for low stakes where learning is the main goal? Never mind, I found the sticky post with schedule.

[/ QUOTE ]Learning the main goal? That's not my impression. But, you should give them a try, then can be quite enjoyable.

splashpot
11-25-2005, 12:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
No. There is no such thing as wanting first TOO much. I predict over the long run, you're firsts, seconds, and thirds will even out.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
If the best play is to go all in early, you should do it. You shouldn't pass up these opportunities just because you don't want to bust out early.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I've played in a few of those games. I don't think learning is the ultimate goal, haha. Lots of high rollers join these games to mess around.

I bought into a 2+2 $.5/1 limit cash game once. Everyone bought in with at least $1000. Some had as high as $12000. Most of them raised every hand. Almost every hand was capped on every street. I made about $100 bucks at that table, haha.