PDA

View Full Version : KQ for TP - fold it or not?

Akimka
11-25-2005, 10:59 AM
SB - loose/passive
CO is good TAG 18/8

Any reason to c/f turn?

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx (http://www.zerodivide.cx/converter)

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with K/images/graemlins/spade.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP1 folds, Hero calls.

Flop: (14 SB) 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO 3-bets</font>, SB calls, UTG+1 folds, Hero calls.

Turn: (12 BB) 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, SB calls, Hero calls.

River: (15 BB) 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, SB folds, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 17 BB

Nick Royale
11-25-2005, 11:01 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Any reason to c/f turn?

[/ QUOTE ]
Not at all.

Spartan1983
11-25-2005, 11:04 AM
I'd probably lay it down on the river, maybe the turn. What is a solid TAG 3betting that you beat? AK, I don't think he keeps firing all the way with that. AA, KK, AQ I think are more likely.

11-25-2005, 11:23 AM
The CO would be correct to 3-bet his hearts nut flush draw, right?

He got a free card on the turn and didn't take it, hoping you'd fold to his position bet.
He tried to make you both fold again when he missed on the river.

I'd bet the turn.
If I'd get raised by the CO, I'd check/call the river.
If he'd just called the turn, I'd bet the river again.

GMan42
11-25-2005, 12:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]

He got a free card on the turn and didn't take it, hoping you'd fold to his position bet.

I'd bet the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

I hope that bet is with the intension of folding to a raise. Bet/calling the river here would be serious spewing.

krimson
11-25-2005, 01:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]

I'd bet the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]
This is all pretty bad.

Yes, he MAY be 3-betting the flushdraw on the flop, but it's very unlikely. Your assumption here is challenged on the turn when he bets, and challenged again on the river when he bets. You just alter your reasoning, rather than your read. Looks like a big pair, smells like a big pair, must be a flush draw!

He does not have a flushdraw. He has AQ, AA-QQ almost always.

You can c/c the turn with outs, c/f the river is probably best, but given the size of the pot, a crying call is not horrible.

lighterjobs
11-25-2005, 01:44 PM
The cutoff probably has you beat but I don't think you can fold. I don't think a tag would bet AK/QJ/JJ like that on all streets. call down.

11-25-2005, 01:50 PM
I can think of 14 reasons not to fold the turn, and 16 not to fold the river.

soweak.
11-25-2005, 02:02 PM
As stated in previous posts, your play here is fine. Folding here is not an option as the pot is way to big to fold on any street.

bobhalford
11-25-2005, 02:23 PM
These are the hands that you have to pay off because if villain has a worse hand you will be happy to have called down all the way. Most of the time you lose and that's just poker.

BWebb
11-25-2005, 02:39 PM
Getting 14-1 you have to call the turn, as you can have 0-5 outs, I'd probably estimate 3. On the river, I'm folding. The pot is big, but I think you are behind almost 100% of the time here.