PDA

View Full Version : Maximum outs on the turn

GAL
11-25-2005, 08:42 AM
This not very interesting hand came up yesterday but when the hand was over I found that I had 22 outs on the turn. As we're focusing on the outs here and not the play i'll just post a simplistic overview of the hand.

Hero dealt A /images/graemlins/heart.gif Q /images/graemlins/heart.gif

Villan has A /images/graemlins/spade.gif 9 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

Raised multiwaypot I have position on villan who leads out on flop, I push, he calls.

Flop: A /images/graemlins/club.gif J /images/graemlins/heart.gif 9 /images/graemlins/heart.gif

Turn: 10 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

I have 22 cards that will win the pot for me making me even money: 8 hearts, 3 Queens, 3 Kings, 3 Jacks, 2 10's and 3 8's. Is this the most possible out's you can have when behind with 1 card to come?

elitegimp
11-25-2005, 02:35 PM
You have 23 outs in your situation: there are 9 hearts left, not 8. But here's a situation where you have 25 outs (I don't know if this is the most possible, but it's probably close!):

Villian: 2 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 2 /images/graemlins/club.gif
Hero: 9 /images/graemlins/spade.gif 8 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

Board: 6 /images/graemlins/spade.gif 7 /images/graemlins/spade.gif 6 /images/graemlins/heart.gif 4 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

you have 8 spades (the 2 /images/graemlins/spade.gif doesn't win), 3 fives, 3 tens, 2 fours (don't double count 4 /images/graemlins/spade.gif like I did the first time I typed this!), 3 sevens, 3 eights, and 3 nines for the win