PDA

View Full Version : Observation

CreamPuff
07-02-2003, 01:56 PM
Is it just me or along with the sudden influx of new online
players, is the "I don't want to call you, so Ill just
time out and see who wins" play making a comeback?

Bubmack
07-03-2003, 05:24 PM
Honestly Puff,

I have not noticed this. But thanks for bringing it up - I'll be keeping a sharper eye.

Bubs

yct
07-03-2003, 07:29 PM
Haven't really noticed an increase in intentional time outs. But with Party's server problems, it's hard to tell whether its fake or its real...

RiverMel
07-03-2003, 07:42 PM
At least, that is what one particular player at Party claimed. I was in a multi-table tourney where a player obviously timed out intentionally. Naturally many people started freaking out. The player admitted that he had done it on purpose. Another player at the same table came to his defense, saying that since Party allows you to time out, then it's "part of the rules," and therefore not cheating. I kid you not.

BBill
07-03-2003, 09:41 PM
Actually yes, I was playing PL 25max on Party last week and with 2 remaining on the river my opponent timed out to my $3.00 bet. It was my pot and he showed 2 pair. Next hand they called the blind. Nobody said anything and I didn't feel like making a big deal about it. That is the first time in a while that I had seen what appeared to be an intentional all-in.

bbill