PDA

View Full Version : 3/6: 33 HU

imported_leader
11-25-2005, 02:45 AM
BB - 47/11/.76 over only 50 hands

Party Poker 3.00/6.00 Hold'em <font color="#0000FF">(6 handed)</font> link (http://www.darksun.lunarpages.com/poker/)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (6.00 SB) 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls.

Turn: (5.00 BB) K/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bet/folds</font>

I'm thinking c/f the flop is better, but...

imported_leader
11-25-2005, 04:19 PM
ba...bump

11-25-2005, 05:01 PM
You could very well be ahead here.

My standard line vs a guy I have bullied 2-3 hands is to 3-bet the flop and bet/fold turn. If I havent done that I might bet/fold the flop. But I dont know really. 33 is a hand you can go to showdown with. Maybe Im too aggressive.

11-25-2005, 05:03 PM
He has clearly got some pre-flop aggression in him and that flop misses a lot of 3-bet defending hands. Check-folding the flop getting 7:1 doesn't sound good to me. Bet-folding sounds better.

Another idea, I don't see him going anywhere with 3-bet worthy overcards or a pair on the flop so what about just check-calling the flop and see what happens next?

imported_leader
11-25-2005, 05:13 PM
I really don't like leading the flop here. We're getting raised by a lot of worse hands.

11-25-2005, 05:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I really don't like leading the flop here. We're getting raised by a lot of worse hands.

[/ QUOTE ]
Thats why you 3-bet and show whos the man.

marching_on_together
11-25-2005, 05:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

but you get called then raised on the turn by mid-high PPs which is an expensive way to find out your behind plus they will never fold to your 3-bet and even if behind your opponent has better than 6-outs here. I prefer c/c the flop and leading the turn.

imported_leader
11-25-2005, 06:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't understand why that's better then C/R though.

oreogod
11-25-2005, 06:14 PM
see, a check raise on a drawy flop really nets u nothing here w/ a small pp. You are getting re-raised by a ton of hands, both made and unmade or hes going to pull exactly what he did, call and pull the trigger on the turn.

c/c, and lead a decent turn. If he raises, depending on board and opponent...either fold or be prepared to call and call a blank river...or lead river is a good option as well after calling a turn raise.

oreogod
11-25-2005, 06:20 PM
Also forgot to mention, if u check-raise the flop, u are literally obliged to bet a Q, K or A turn and it really sucks if u get raised.

All the options on the flop are close depending on who u are against. Against good opponents be careful of leading and checkraising, as they will trap u or pretty much raise any playable hand unmade or not...against weak players a lead out is probably better. Just depends.

c/c is usually not a good play, but I think it is here.

imported_leader
11-25-2005, 06:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
see, a check raise on a drawy flop really nets u nothing here w/ a small pp. You are getting re-raised by a ton of hands, both made and unmade or hes going to pull exactly what he did, call and pull the trigger on the turn.

c/c, and lead a decent turn. If he raises, depending on board and opponent...either fold or be prepared to call and call a blank river...or lead river is a good option as well after calling a turn raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is the turn lead card spacific? Would you c/c some cards and lead others?

oreogod
11-25-2005, 06:28 PM
No it can be a card that gives u extra outs...a 5, etc. be careful on leading a heart (Id still be very tempted to and probably would...depends), he could free showdown u...Id lead a lot of cards T and below, any card that paired the board..etc. A another heart or diamond, like I said could get him to pop u, maybe he got some extra outs...but at the same time u dont want to give him free cards.

I dont know the skill of your opponent, but playing small pps like this out of position against a good or aggressive player is about some of the hardest play u can come across in holdem.

imported_leader
11-25-2005, 07:29 PM
Well he raised I folded. A couple orbits later against the same guy:

Party Poker 3.00/6.00 Hold'em <font color="#0000FF">(5 handed)</font> link (http://www.darksun.lunarpages.com/poker/)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with J/images/graemlins/club.gif, J/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>.

Flop: (5.33 SB) T/images/graemlins/club.gif, 5/images/graemlins/club.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO calls.

Turn: (3.67 BB) 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, Hero...

11-25-2005, 07:34 PM
I'm calling that one down because of the history, drawy board and you have a much better hand.

Ed Miller
11-26-2005, 05:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If your plan is to check and fold on the flop, then you really have no business raising preflop.

yellowjack
11-26-2005, 05:47 PM
The way you played it is great. I would also b/f the river.

SlantNGo
11-26-2005, 05:49 PM
His stats are passive pre-flop. How often does he fold to a flop bet? I strongly consider just completing pre-flop and leading the flop.

imported_leader
11-26-2005, 06:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If your plan is to check and fold on the flop, then you really have no business raising preflop.

[/ QUOTE ]

Probably a tad results oriented.

imported_leader
11-26-2005, 06:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
His stats are passive pre-flop. How often does he fold to a flop bet? I strongly consider just completing pre-flop and leading the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

On that board, practically never. I don't like open completing against people I don’t have a solid read on. I think it puts up in a lot of difficult spots post flop. I think a fold is better then a complete here.

oreogod
11-26-2005, 06:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ed, you tease. What kind of line would u take here.