PDA

View Full Version : Where to eat in Vegas?

J.R.
07-02-2003, 01:30 PM
I am going to be in Vegas with my poker playing girlfriend for 5 nights in the begining of August. I know where I want to party and play, but need some restaurant advice. I have had some hit or miss dining experiences on past trips, but I know that there are some great restaurants in vegas.

Does anyone have any reccomendations? We love steakhouses, sushi bars and outdoor dining as well as Vietnamese and Mediterranean cuisine, but are always open to new ideas. Thanks for any advice and maybe I get to meet some of you if anyone is in town in the begining of August.

Tyler Durden
07-02-2003, 03:44 PM
Try Delmonico's in Bellagio. And Commander's Palace, I think it's in Paris? Good food, nice atmosphere. Both are pricey.

HDPM
07-02-2003, 04:10 PM
Delmonico's is in Venetian. But it is great steak. My favorite place. I thought commander's palace was in Aladdin, but I have not eaten there.

Nine at the Palms is another good steak place. I prefer Delmonico's, but Nine is very good.

MikeyEdge
07-02-2003, 04:55 PM
Don't miss out on the 24-hour Surf Buffet at the Boardwalk. They make a mean Totino's Pizza Roll.

Schmed
07-02-2003, 05:41 PM
Actually Delmonico's is on St Charles and Commanders Palace is on Washington...... Those are two of the finest restaurants in New Orleans..... I thought he was looking for places to eat in Vegas though /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

cferejohn
07-02-2003, 05:54 PM
How much money do you want to spend? I can say that if you want a 'money is no object' meal, Aqua at the Bellagio is fantastic (it's run by the same people who run the one in San Francisco). If you get wine, expect dinner for two to run $200-300 (well, possibly a lot more depending on how much/what kind of wine you drink. I highly recommend the tasting menu (which I think you can get with wine pairings for each course if, like me, you are not super-wine-knowledge-guy).

I've also heard really good things about Picasso there, but I've never been.

Have fun!

Chris

Jimbo
07-02-2003, 05:59 PM
Here is the web page for Delmonicos. (http://www.venetian.com/dining/dining.cfm?ID=1)

Also a ratings page for Commanders Palace in the Alladin. (http://www.ratelasvegas.com/hotelrest/ratings/r324.html)

Mano
07-03-2003, 03:10 AM
Delmonico's is a definite must if you like steak - food and service is awsome.

If you want a really romantic (and fairly pricey) French restraunt, Andre's is excellent. I took my wife there last Valentines, and it was great. They have a new one in Monte Carlo (which I haven't been to), but if you want atmosphere, go to the original.

For pretty cheap eats, I have always liked this little Dim Sum place in a strip mall across the street from the Stardust (I believe it is called Chang's). Lot's of really good Dim Sum cheap.

calig
07-03-2003, 01:48 PM
Palm restaurant in the Forum shops for steak and Lawry's Prime Rib on Flamingo for a great prime rib.

David
07-03-2003, 02:54 PM

doormat
07-04-2003, 03:33 PM
Some of my favorite restaurants are:
Mon Ami Gabi in Paris - best outdoor dining in Vegas, good food, across the street from the Bellagio fountains.
Kokomo's in Mirage - haven't eaten there in a while, but the atmosphere is great in the rain forest and the food is good.
Picasso in Bellagio. Great atmosphere, set menu but great food.
AJ's Steakhouse in Hard Rock. Great steaks, piano bar.
Renoir in Mirage - very expensive French, but very good.
Eiffel Tower in Paris - great food, great view.
VooDoo Cafe in Rio - pretty good food, incredible view from the deck outdoors. Glass elevator to the top of the tower. Highly recommend visiting the bar upstairs.
enjoy,
doormat