PDA

View Full Version : Ace-x is doing me wrong 3 handed recently

HonchoOverload
11-24-2005, 10:55 PM
Hey guys, I'm having a problem with Ax recently.

Situation is usually that I have 11-13x the big blind, and I'm the button. Usually I have a comparable stack to second and first has twice as much. I pick up a hand in the A8-A2 range, and push with it, and whenever I'm called I'm up against an ace with a bigger kicker, a pair, or KQ-KT and I'm running a race I really don't want to run at that point.

Is it better to just push 3x the big blind with something like 11-13x the bb and a weak ace on the button 3-handed, or do I need to keep pushing all my chips to pick up those all important blinds?

11-24-2005, 10:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
11-13x the big blind, and I'm the button

[/ QUOTE ]

fold

TheNoodleMan
11-24-2005, 11:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

fold

[/ QUOTE ]
terrible advice.

11-24-2005, 11:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

fold

[/ QUOTE ]
terrible advice.

[/ QUOTE ]

What do you do if you have 13bb with A6 and SB and BB cover by a small margin?

DDH
11-25-2005, 01:10 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

fold

[/ QUOTE ]
terrible advice.

[/ QUOTE ]

What do you do if you have 13bb with A6 and SB and BB cover by a small margin?

[/ QUOTE ]

Push.

HoldingFolding
11-25-2005, 01:52 AM
I remember thinking exactly the same thing a while back about broadway cards, I'd be forever running into A,<7 and losing to A high. It's just another aspect of the exciting world of variance.

11-25-2005, 07:36 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I pick up a hand in the A8-A2 range, and push with it, and whenever I'm called I'm up against an ace with a bigger kicker, a pair, or KQ-KT and I'm running a race I really don't want to run at that point.

[/ QUOTE ]

If u dont want to run into these coinflips situations then dont push. Especially as u have more then 10BBs. Try to figure out what sort of a raise will chase away your opponents to your left and raise that amount. If they call u have position post flop. If they reraise fold quickly (unless they are low stacked or have done it a couple of times).