PDA

View Full Version : 3 handed J5s BB

baronzeus
11-24-2005, 09:38 PM
villain is a total retard lag, like 60/40/2 2-3 handed (for reference i think i am around 50/38)

Party Poker 30/60 Hold'em (3 handed) pokerhand.org hand converter (http://www.pokerhand.org)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif, J/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (4.50 SB) 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif, J/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, Button calls.

Turn: (6.25 BB) Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>

jt1
11-24-2005, 09:48 PM
I'd just call down. You only have 7 cards at most to fear and you have 15 outs to redraw out on him should he hit. So after getting 3 bet on the flop, I'd call down.

He might go away if you cap and lead the turn but, on the other hand, you might not want him to.

11-24-2005, 09:50 PM
post deleted by WhiteShirt...I'm an idiot

Lmn55d
11-24-2005, 09:58 PM
I like flop cap against his range. I wouldn't bet turn though. Most retard lags aren't crazy enough to raise you again with a worse hand (especially after the Q paired a lot of the worse hands that could have went crazy on the flop). If you're planning on calling down (as opposed to calling a turn raise and folding the river), checking the turn becomes even better. And I wouldn't be willing to fold to this guy.

Surfbullet
11-24-2005, 10:01 PM
Hey Baron,

I'm all for unbridled aggression, especially 3handed - but what were you trying to accomplish? I don't see him folding a better hand like..ever. There's something to be said for putting the last bet in when you figure him to be on a draw too, but here you A) have a bluff-catcher and B) have no reason to think he's on a draw also.

To me this just looks like spewing.

Surf

baronzeus
11-24-2005, 10:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Hey Baron,

I'm all for unbridled aggression, especially 3handed - but what were you trying to accomplish? I don't see him folding a better hand like..ever. There's something to be said for putting the last bet in when you figure him to be on a draw too, but here you A) have a bluff-catcher and B) have no reason to think he's on a draw also.

To me this just looks like spewing.

Surf

[/ QUOTE ]

i mean, it can't be HORRIBLE, since im +EV against paired Aces etc on the flop (pair + fd)...and on the turn, im paying 1 bet against most better hands anyways, and worse hands are checking behind (although better haands that spike 2 pr (AQ, AJ, QJ) might raise the turn)

Lmn55d
11-24-2005, 10:06 PM
but not on the turn

baronzeus
11-24-2005, 10:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
but not on the turn

[/ QUOTE ]

but im getting raised only by AQ-AJ-QJ and im paying 1 bet against better hands anyhow, and im charging worse hands (TT-77 etc).

FWIW, the reason im posting this hand is because i showed this to another poster and even tho it was standard to me he said he liked just calling the flop 3bet and c/c the turn.

Surfbullet
11-24-2005, 10:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]

i mean, it can't be HORRIBLE, since im +EV against paired Aces etc on the flop (pair + fd)...and on the turn, im paying 1 bet against most better hands anyways, and worse hands are checking behind (although better haands that spike 2 pr (AQ, AJ, QJ) might raise the turn)

[/ QUOTE ]

True. But your edge isn't really worth exploiting for EV reasons (you have like 1%?) and getting raised on the turn ruins whatever equity edge you gained on the flop.

What range do you have for him after he bet-3bets the flop? Does capping/leading offer any advantages against that range? This is a serious question, i'm interested on what you expect him to hold given the action.

Surf

Surfbullet
11-24-2005, 10:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
but not on the turn

[/ QUOTE ]

but im getting raised only by AQ-AJ-QJ and im paying 1 bet against better hands anyhow, and im charging worse hands (TT-77 etc).

FWIW, the reason im posting this hand is because i showed this to another poster and even tho it was standard to me he said he liked just calling the flop 3bet and c/c the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's my standard too. however, this can be really good for metagame purposes if you are going to play with this guy alot - you can fastplay most 2tone boards in hte future and he'll likely give you too much action. If this is the type of image you are fostering then this is a neutral-ev but +variance way to do so.

Also, are you c/fing the river UI?

Surf

Lmn55d
11-24-2005, 10:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
but im getting raised only by AQ-AJ-QJ

[/ QUOTE ]

who says?

baronzeus
11-24-2005, 10:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

True. But your edge isn't really worth exploiting for EV reasons (you have like 1%?) and getting raised on the turn ruins whatever equity edge you gained on the flop.

What range do you have for him after he bet-3bets the flop? Does capping/leading offer any advantages against that range? This is a serious question, i'm interested on what you expect him to hold given the action.

Surf

[/ QUOTE ]

Ax, KT, KQ, or complete air (something unshowdownable--we've been playing back a lot at eachother)

baronzeus
11-24-2005, 10:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
but im getting raised only by AQ-AJ-QJ

[/ QUOTE ]

who says?

[/ QUOTE ]

me /images/graemlins/smile.gif ok add AK into that

Lmn55d
11-24-2005, 10:17 PM
a6, AT?

baronzeus
11-24-2005, 10:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
a6, AT?

[/ QUOTE ]

just the 2 pr hands imo...

also i think his flop range includes better jacks so that kills my 2 pr equity a bit

baronzeus
11-24-2005, 10:33 PM
so i guess the arguments for capping are +EV, im paying bets on the turn anyhow, and i have gain huge amounts of $$$ when ahead.

the arguments against are that my +EV is v. small, im likely behind, and i dont want to put in 2 bets on the turn. also, i give up a bet when i hit on the turn sometimes.

Lmn55d
11-24-2005, 10:44 PM
wait...don't you expect him to bet a worse hand than yours if you check? If so I don't really understand your logic for betting since you only expect him to raise better hands (and only 2 pair hands at that)

Lmn55d
11-24-2005, 10:48 PM
you dont have to bet turn when you cap. Also there's a slight chance a flop cap/turn check line will make him check behind a better jack on the turn. Not too significant but something to think about

StellarWind
11-24-2005, 11:03 PM
Cap the flop because it's +EV based on up to 14 outs plus a real chance to have the best hand.

Check the turn because you got a very bad card and betting accomplishes nothing.

jt1
11-24-2005, 11:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Cap the flop because it's +EV based on up to 14 outs plus a real chance to have the best hand.

Check the turn because you got a very bad card and betting accomplishes nothing.

[/ QUOTE ]

For some reason, I thought that you had to bet turn if you capped flop.