PDA

View Full Version : Angel Fish: The checkraising machine

Barry
07-02-2003, 10:33 AM
My girlfriend, Angel Fish (AF), has been in New Orleans playing at Harrah’s this past week. She told me about a hand that she played last night at a moderate tight and aggressive 3/6 table.

She’s in the BB with KTo

2 EP’s and CO limp, she takes her free play. The 1st EP is a very friendly, but slightly drunk fellow.

Flop is AQJ, with 2 /forums/images/icons/diamond.gif – AF checks, EP1 bets, EP2 and CO call, AF checkraises.

Turn is a non-/forums/images/icons/diamond.gif rag – AF checks, EP1 bets again, LP calls, AF checkraises again.

River is another non-/forums/images/icons/diamond.gif rag – AF checks, EP1 bets yet again, LP folds, AF gets in her 3rd checkraise of the hand.

She tables her hand, EP1 gives her a big smile and mucks; AF smiles back as she’s stacking his chips.

Kurn, son of Mogh
07-02-2003, 10:49 AM
EP1 thinks he's found a new way to flirt /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

AceHigh
07-02-2003, 06:40 PM
I really like the flop check/raise. But I would have lead out on the turn and the river. For me that's the better play. For Angelfish, check/raising is probably best because she's very good at reading players and she probably knew this guy couldn't resist betting.

Ed Miller
07-02-2003, 08:06 PM
EP1 thinks he's found a new way to flirt

Hell, EP1 can flirt with me if he lets me checkraise him three times with the nuts... /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

JTG51
07-02-2003, 09:36 PM
I actually thought the flop check raise was the only poor one. I'll always bet when I flop broadway. That board will hit so many opponents with pairs and gutshot draws that they'll happily call or raise with.

The turn and river check raises are just beautiful.

JTG51
07-02-2003, 09:37 PM
I think she needs a new name, something a lot more ferocious, because this is some ferocious poker. How about barracuda? /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

anatta
07-03-2003, 02:13 AM
A while back someone posted about a similar hat trick. He said his goal one day was to limp reraise the flop, and check raise every street.