PDA

View Full Version : ($22): First hand, top pair on monotone board.

xJMPx
11-24-2005, 08:17 PM
I think my biggest weakness right now is getting pushed off hands a little too easily and not value betting my hand enough. Is this way too passive? My thinking is, I don’t like my kicker to begin with and some people will slow play a made flush here. Knowing how much people love their suited cards, it’s always possible here.

My plan was to check it down and call a small bet on the river if no fourth club came.

PartyPoker - NL Texas Hold'em $20 Buy-in + $2 Entry Fee Tournament | Level: 1 - 10 players (Converter: PGC (http://client.pokergrader.com))

Chip Counts:
Button: 800 Chips
<font color="red">Hero: 800 Chips</font>
BB: 800 Chips
UTG: 800 Chips
UTG+1: 800 Chips
MP1: 800 Chips
MP2: 800 Chips
MP3: 800 Chips
LP1: 800 Chips
CO: 800 Chips

Hero is SB with A/images/graemlins/club.gif 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif
Blinds are 10/15

PreFlop
<font color="green">UTG Calls</font>, <font color="blue">UTG+1 folds</font>, <font color="green">MP1 Calls</font>, <font color="green">MP2 Calls</font>, <font color="blue">MP3 folds</font>, <font color="blue">LP1 folds</font>, <font color="blue">CO folds</font>, <font color="blue">Button folds</font>
<font color="green">Hero Calls</font>, <font color="green">BB checks</font>

(5 players) FLOP: 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif T/images/graemlins/spade.gif A/images/graemlins/spade.gif ( Pot Size: 75 Chips )
<font color="green">Hero checks</font>, <font color="green">BB checks</font>, <font color="green">UTG checks</font>, <font color="green">MP1 checks</font>, <font color="green">MP2 checks</font>

(5 players) TURN: Q/images/graemlins/club.gif ( Pot Size: 75 Chips )
<font color="green">Hero checks</font>, <font color="green">BB checks</font>, <font color="green">UTG checks</font>, <font color="green">MP1 checks</font>, <font color="green">MP2 checks</font>

(5 players) RIVER: K/images/graemlins/spade.gif ( Pot Size: 75 Chips )
<font color="green">Hero checks</font>, <font color="green">BB checks</font>, <font color="red">UTG BETS ($225)</font>, <font color="blue">MP1 folds</font>, <font color="blue">MP2 folds</font>
<font color="blue">Hero folds</font>, <font color="blue">BB folds</font>

Final Pot:300 Chips

tigerite
11-24-2005, 08:22 PM
No you played this fine. OOP with A7 on that board, turn, and river is not the time to be going to war with 5 others in the pot.

11-24-2005, 09:04 PM
Agree with your play. No way you hold on to that with that many folks and four spades on board.

Stay tight!

Freudian
11-24-2005, 09:09 PM
When I play A7 in level 1 against multiple opponents, I consider a flop with an ace as me missing it most of the time. Basically my opponents must say "hey, want this pot?" or I would have some draws for me to want to invest chips.

DDH
11-24-2005, 10:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
No you played this fine. OOP with A7 on that board, turn, and river is not the time to be going to war with 5 others in the pot.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree.

A_C_Slater
11-24-2005, 10:34 PM
Hmmmm, these responses kind of suprised me. I would bet 60 on the turn and not put any more money in the pot after that.

DDH
11-24-2005, 10:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Hmmmm, these responses kind of suprised me. I would bet 60 on the turn and not put any more money in the pot after that.

[/ QUOTE ]

With position maybe I would, but I don't know first to act.

11-24-2005, 11:00 PM
Since you decided to play this hand, I would've bet 60-70 on the turn instead of checking. Even though it's only an extra 5 in chips, this is the type of flop that can trouble you when you decide to play hands like A 7 offsuit OOP.

http://img358.imageshack.us/img358/2549/bleu4kt.jpg

davehwm
11-24-2005, 11:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

And what's your action on the river with 1-2 callers? Check? If someone checks to me showing that kind of weakness, I'm betting enough for them to fold.