PDA

View Full Version : HU win rates?

11-24-2005, 07:44 PM
What is the highest BB/100 that you can sustain at HU? I tried searching but couldn't find an answer. Right now im at 25BB/100 at .25/.50 (LOTS of fishy play) but i highly doubt that I can keep that up. Anybody have a large sample size of just heads up play?

scdavis0
11-24-2005, 07:48 PM
seriously doubt it

Isura
11-24-2005, 09:07 PM
The rake at .25/.50 really hurts.

Hattifnatt
11-24-2005, 09:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The rake at .25/.50 really hurts.

[/ QUOTE ]
Exactly, if you like to play HU, play S&Gs or Much higher stakes if it have to be cashgames (min. 5/10 NL) otherwise the rake is eating you alive.

And I guess you don't want to play 5/10 and up so stick to s&g's where the rake use to be 5% for the whole match.

11-25-2005, 12:58 AM
Yeah I know the rake is insane at .25/.50. Im planning on getting some sort of rakeback here shortly so that should help some. For some reason I just cant do well at SNG's, im not sure if its some mental thing or my style of play (although i dont know what would be different between the two that would make such a difference). Are you saying its going to be hard to beat it for any real ammount due to the rake?

Isura
11-25-2005, 01:20 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Yeah I know the rake is insane at .25/.50. Im planning on getting some sort of rakeback here shortly so that should help some. For some reason I just cant do well at SNG's, im not sure if its some mental thing or my style of play (although i dont know what would be different between the two that would make such a difference). Are you saying its going to be hard to beat it for any real ammount due to the rake?

[/ QUOTE ]

Sure, you can still beat that game. I have played quite a bit on .25/.50 HU at Ultimate Bet, but I would not want to play it as my main game (I was just working on my game). If you have the talent to beat that game, you can surely play a more profitable game elsewhere (multitable 6-max or something).