PDA

View Full Version : 100 Hands -- Part 3

ElSapo
07-02-2003, 10:03 AM
Another batch of 25 hands from that session...Same as last - I know these aren't the most interesting hands, but I'm looking to plug the leaks and all comments are appreciated.

51. Button, with the ever-popular 69o. Limp, raise, didn't matter, I was folding anyways.

52. CO with 22 and a MP poster. One limper, poster checks, I limp, SB completes and BB checks. Four to an ugly flop of 6KQr. Checked through. Turn is 4s. Checked through. River is the Jc. Checked through. Poster's 94o takes it.

53. MP with 53d. Two limp to me, and I fold.

54. MP with T4o. One limp, a whole bunch of folds, including me.

55. UTG+1 with J6o. Fold.

56. UTG with AKo. I raise. Folded to the button, who calls, as does the BB. Flop comes TJQr. I bet, they fold, I kick myself. In that order.

57. BB, 58o. Couple of folds, a raise, two limpers and I fold.

58. SB with A5o and three, count'em, three posters. Posters checked, someone limped and I mucked.

59.On the button with 44. Three limpers, I limp, SB completes and BB checks. Flop is T8A with two diamonds. Checked through. Turn is 9d. Checked to CO who bets, and everyone folds.

60. CO with Q3o. One limper, I fold.

61. LMP with 45o. Two limpers, I fold.

62. MP with J7o. Fold after one limper.

63. MP with 35o. Two limpers, I fold.

64. UTG+1 I fold J3o.

65. UTG, fold Q7o.

66. BB with 93s. Folded to SB who calls. Flop is 923, two spades. SB bets, I raise, he calls. Turn is Qh. He checks, I bet and he folds.

67. SB with 28o. Fold.

68. Button with 59o. One limper, I fold.

69. CO with 9To. Three limp to me and I fold.

70. MP with J4s. Fold after one limper.

71. MP with 79o. Fold.

72. UTG+1 with TJo. Fold.

73. UTG, 89o, fold.

74. BB with 48o. An EP raise, I fold.

75. SB with A7o. One poster checks, one LP limper and I complete, BB checks. Flop is 497r. I bet and get two callers. Turn is 5, puts two spades up. I bet, get one caller. River a 5, and I check. He checks. My 7 is bigger, he had 73o.

lil'
07-02-2003, 10:12 AM
56 - I would bet the flop too. As a general rule, all those picture cards will usually hit someone and they will pay you off. Anyone with a 9 or K will also pay you.
75 - I think I would bet the river. The 5 changes nothing.

Kurn, son of Mogh
07-02-2003, 11:33 AM
#56 - never kick yourself when they push you the pot. besides, flopped Broadways are vulnerable in a raised pot if the board pairs.

#69 - I might be a little loose on this, but I think you can see the flop with this hand in this position.

#58 & #75 - I normally don't like Axo out of position, but in both cases (especially 58) there's dead money in the pot from the posters (who should be raising with reasonable cards) and the LP limper is showing weakness. I'd raise both these hands preflop. In 75 I'd bet the river.

ElSapo
07-02-2003, 11:48 AM
Why should posters raise with reasonable hands? ((I'm assuming by reasonable you mean not normally raising hands?)) Second mention of this I've seen lately...

CrackerZack
07-02-2003, 12:03 PM
I'll throw my hat into the ring...

52. CO with 22 and a MP poster. One limper, poster checks, I limp, SB completes and BB checks. Four to an ugly flop of 6KQr. Checked through. Turn is 4s. Checked through. River is the Jc. Checked through. Poster's 94o takes it.
--I bet the turn with the button, after everyone checks again, most likely you take i.

56. UTG with AKo. I raise. Folded to the button, who calls, as does the BB. Flop comes TJQr. I bet, they fold, I kick myself. In that order.
--fine... i like to be the flop and check the turn on these.

58. SB with A5o and three, count'em, three posters. Posters checked, someone limped and I mucked.
--I may complete this but I think its a personal leak, against 3 posters all ceckhing and only one person choosing to put money in, there is a good chance your Ace is good.

59.On the button with 44. Three limpers, I limp, SB completes and BB checks. Flop is T8A with two diamonds. Checked through. Turn is 9d. Checked to CO who bets, and everyone folds.
--depending on table type, if they like to C/R i check this through, sometimes I'll bet, hoping to take a free card on the turn, but your play seems very reasonable.

75. SB with A7o. One poster checks, one LP limper and I complete, BB checks. Flop is 497r. I bet and get two callers. Turn is 5, puts two spades up. I bet, get one caller. River a 5, and I check. He checks. My 7 is bigger, he had 73o
--You fold A5o but complete A7o? less players? your kicker is garbage either way, I'd prefer the wheel card for the crappy straight potential.

ElSapo
07-02-2003, 12:28 PM
My logic may be off. I completed with A7o because there were less players. A5o I mucked b/c there were more players. I'm not saying A7 is that much stronger than A5, and yes, A5 makes a wheel, but it seems like if you're going to come in with it I'd prefer it be against fewer opponents...

Kurn, son of Mogh
07-02-2003, 12:52 PM
Unlike being in the BB where you're out of position, a LPP has the opportunity to take control of the hand, buy the button and knock out the blinds. Even if called, the poster will likely get checked to on the flop. Even if forced to fold on the flop or turn, you establish your image as an aggressive player. In these cases, you have a better than average chance of folding out the posters, and if the limper stays, you can be confident you have the best hand pre-flop.

Aces McGee
07-02-2003, 01:28 PM
Hi ElSapo

I don't quite understand folding A5o in the SB while completing the SB with A7o later on. Especially since you have A5o in a hand where only one limper who is in has acted (the other three posted, right?). The 7 isn't much better than a 5 when it comes to kickers, and you have the outside possibility of the wheel. I'd complete both of these hands.

Aces McGee

Hitting the Mall for fireworks on the 4th?

ElSapo
07-02-2003, 01:31 PM
I think it was the posters who turned the decision for me - oddly, since that seems to be ..why.. I should have played it. In my mind, while nither A5 or A7 is a great hand, A7 is going to play better against fewer opponents. And as I'm not raising with A5o in the SB to take out the posters, I mucked it. Had A7o against fewer players, I completed.

Youre the second person to question this, so I'm beginning to suspect my logic was off.

Sarge85
07-02-2003, 02:22 PM
#58 - Seems like there is enough money in the pot now to go ahead and play this hand. Most of it is involuntary also. I'd pay to see the flop

#59 - No way you play this differently IMO.

#75 - May have missed a bet at the river.

Aces McGee
07-02-2003, 02:37 PM
Hi ElSapo

I think that when we say something like A7o plays better with fewer hands, that statement takes into account the fact that the hands who limped in before it ACTED to limp, instead of just checking their post. A7o is weaker against a group of reasonable players who have put in their bet once they've seen their cards, but it has a little more value against players who are in before the cards are dealt.

As another example, if a guy puts up a live straddle before the cards are dealt...you don't give his hand any more respect, right? you change your playing style, maybe, to adjust for the bigger bet, but you don't play as if his hand is strong enough to have raised preflop.

Aces McGee

No taxation without representation!

Ed Miller
07-02-2003, 07:42 PM
Against many players, I would bet the river in Hand 75.

Ed Miller
07-02-2003, 07:44 PM
I too would have completed the A7 and mucked the A5.

angry young man
07-02-2003, 07:56 PM
52. I don't like to limp with 2s, especially so short handed. but it might be right and if it's a mistake it's a small one

58. I'd call that SB half bet against only one person who, by choice, put money in the pot.

66. I'll raise on the turn with this

69! I might call that 9T in the cutoff

75. see I'd be more inclined to fold this than the A5o

is it just my imagination or was there a lot of posting going on in those 25 hands?

SoCalPat
07-02-2003, 08:44 PM
Hand 58: With this much dead money here, I'm definitely completing my SB, and am seriously consider raising here, given you're very likely ahead of the three posters and LP limper.

If the LP is a "play all hands" type of player, I definitely raise and try and take control of the hand with a bet on the flop.

Ed Miller
07-02-2003, 09:49 PM
I think you guys are severely overestimating the value of A5o against so many random hands, especially out of position. As far as I'm concerned, with A5o, your money is just as "dead" as the posters' money.

lil'
07-02-2003, 11:44 PM
What are people hoping to flop against all these players with A-5o? Unless you flop two pair or trips, you have not a helluva lot.