PDA

View Full Version : 33 river bluff?

hobbsmann
11-24-2005, 06:01 PM
Tthis is a 6 max hand that I played yesterday at the airport waiting for my flight and just wanted a check up. I posted this here as the situation isn't very specific to shorthanded play.

HJ opens, I call in the bb with 33.

flop (4.5 sb) 569r
I c/r, villain calls.

turn 9 (no flush draw)
I bet, villain calls.

river 6
I bet.

Obligatory river bluff or just check/fold?

private joker
11-24-2005, 06:13 PM
I like it. 1BB to win 6 is a nice price on the bluff. When the opponent is the turn aggresor, sometimes a check-raise works, but it's more expensive.

bungyrocks
11-24-2005, 08:04 PM
reads help but vs an unknown I would bet/fold

silkyslim
11-24-2005, 09:36 PM
how are you folding a better hand with this bet?? I think check/call is better as you induce a bluff from drawing/A-hi hands.

hobbsmann
11-24-2005, 09:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
how are you folding a better hand with this bet?? I think check/call is better as you induce a bluff from drawing/A-hi hands.

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm playing the board by the time the river gets there. I bet to get hands like T,J,Q and sometimes K high to fold.

A_C_Slater
11-24-2005, 09:45 PM
Bet.

But it is close.

Otherwise, open fold. This will really confuse him.

silkyslim
11-24-2005, 09:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm playing the board by the time the river gets there. I bet to get hands like T,J,Q and sometimes K high to fold.

[/ QUOTE ]
why arent you guys meaner to me. i shouldnt be making mistakes like this im a freaking old hand. call me retarded and berate me so i read the posts more carefully!!! ok well i dont think you are folding A-hi.

Piiop
11-24-2005, 09:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
why arent you guys meaner to me. i shouldnt be making mistakes like this im a freaking old hand. call me retarded and berate me so i read the posts more carefully!!! ok well i dont think you are folding A-hi.

[/ QUOTE ]

YOU ARE RETARTED!!11one

I think the whole hand is standard and the river is a must bet. Given the line Hobbs took and the board on the flop, it's easier for the villain to fold here than had the board come 994 - 8 - 4 or something like that. Also, since he opened in the HJ, he could have a lot of K,Q,J-high hands that won't call and we have to have them fold for us to win.

Cumulonimbus
11-24-2005, 10:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Bet.

But it is close.

Otherwise, open fold. This will really confuse him.

[/ QUOTE ]

I laughed.

Bill Smith
11-24-2005, 11:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Check call playing the board? I don't think so.

Bet/fold unless there's no chance he's trying to catch with 2 overs (no Ace).

ArturiusX
11-24-2005, 11:52 PM
Can I ask everyone, why do you think this is a bluff?

Cumulonimbus
11-24-2005, 11:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Can I ask everyone, why do you think this is a bluff?

[/ QUOTE ]

He's playing the board, hoping to fold a better hand.