PDA

View Full Version : River straight 3/6

11-24-2005, 04:17 PM
Villain is a fish with 75% vip but I have so few hands so any other stats hasnt converged enough. How did I play the river and the flop?

PokerStars 3/6 Hold'em (5 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (3 SB) 9/images/graemlins/club.gif, J/images/graemlins/spade.gif, T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP bets</font>, SB calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (3 BB) 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP bets</font>, SB folds, Hero calls.

River: (5 BB) K/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>

Spicymoose
11-24-2005, 04:23 PM
I think it is fine. Maybe bet the flop?

11-24-2005, 04:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I think it is fine. Maybe bet the flop?

[/ QUOTE ]
I dont think I ever would do that. I am thinking that I might have equity for a CR.

jt1
11-24-2005, 04:31 PM
Bet the flop 100% of the time. Why? there's only 1 player left to act, sb already checked, you can't count on mp betting air, getting raised isn't awful.

flawless_victory
11-24-2005, 04:32 PM
pretty thin odds on a draw that could easily be a split, but w/ the completely rainbow board, calling looks ok.

on the river, this guy is complete fish who is prob v stupid at poker... go for the checkraise. these guys never know they are allowed to stop betting if u keep checking.

Spicymoose
11-24-2005, 04:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
on the river, this guy is complete fish who is prob v stupid at poker... go for the checkraise. these guys never know they are allowed to stop betting if u keep checking.

[/ QUOTE ]

Isn't that a bit risky against a relatively unknown fish?

11-24-2005, 04:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
pretty thin odds on a draw that could easily be a split, but w/ the completely rainbow board, calling looks ok.

[/ QUOTE ]
this was basically what I was thinking but I just hate it when I lose a bet. I just cant spot these 50%+ CR oppertunities and I think its seriously hurting my earn. I read the posts by you and some other people about the CR in a hand in midhigh when an ace hit. That CR wasnt obvious to me so Im kind of lost..

jt1
11-24-2005, 04:43 PM
I disagree with check raising the river. You look like a yoke who's drawing and the King is scary in more than one way. If the river was an 8, I think you can find an argument for checkraising.

wheelz
11-24-2005, 04:45 PM
by the midhigh hand, are you talking about the JA sucker hand?

i also have doubts about the river cr here, a lot of fish who are prob v stupid at poker are v stupid at value betting

11-24-2005, 04:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
by the midhigh hand, are you talking about the JA sucker hand?

i also have doubts about the river cr here, a lot of fish who are prob v stupid at poker are v stupid at value betting

[/ QUOTE ]
thats the one.

wheelz
11-24-2005, 04:56 PM
when JA checks the turn after 3-betting the flop it obviously means he doesn't have much. so when you bet on the river ace, what do you expect him to call with? by checking you let him bluff at it, and if he actually has an ace, you maybe get 2 bets instead of one if he calls the checkraise.

yeah it's not related to this hand, but hey i'm still helping you out.

flawless_victory
11-24-2005, 04:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]thats the point. he might bluff (yes, serious).
also i dont see value in betting something like J7 here, but this guy might. he just sees u check and thinks, well, he doesnt think. u checked, so u have nothing. he bet cause u checked... then he calls the CR cause he is a 75VPIP fish. they dont even know they are allowed to fold when HU on the river.