PDA

View Full Version : I love my girl but I love poker more

ObnxNole
11-24-2005, 03:45 PM
I love my girlfriend but I love poker too damnit. She is in town for Thanksgiving and I had to pass up on a juicy game last night to spend time with her. I tried to make up some excuse like I had to help my friend move some stuff but she saw right through that crap! I need some good excuses for the future...Any advice?
-ObnxNole-

Warik
11-24-2005, 03:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Any advice?

[/ QUOTE ]

Get a boyfriend instead. I hear they require less attention.

You could also try posting in the correct forum.

or both.

The Truth
11-24-2005, 03:47 PM
I am having the same problem. My current "girlfriend" has told several times to choose between her and poker. I don't get off my 8 tables... She don't leave. However, she bitches alot and it annoys me. Whats my line? slap her?

let us boys know whats up.

blake

housenuts
11-24-2005, 03:50 PM
we need a pic so we can decide which is more worthwhile for you

tonypaladino
11-24-2005, 03:51 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v720/DynastyPoker/nopkrinoot.gif

Warik
11-24-2005, 03:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Whats my line?

[/ QUOTE ]

Have sex with her until she gets tired and falls asleep.

11-24-2005, 04:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I love my girlfriend but I love poker too damnit. She is in town for Thanksgiving and I had to pass up on a juicy game last night to spend time with her. I tried to make up some excuse like I had to help my friend move some stuff but she saw right through that crap! I need some good excuses for the future...Any advice?
-ObnxNole-

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude, she's just 'in town' for Thanksgiving?? And you can't do without (game) for a few days? If this is a tough choice, I don't think you want to be in this relationship.

11-24-2005, 04:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
-ObnxNole-

[/ QUOTE ]\

Show her this thread, she will understand.

Reef
11-24-2005, 06:45 PM
the trick is to get good loving WHILE playing poker

MikeSmith
11-24-2005, 09:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
-ObnxNole-

[/ QUOTE ]

If you cant pass up on a poker game during thanksgiving its time to reevaluate your priorities in life. Sounds like this relationship will end eventually considering you dont care and she deserves better. Best of luck.

11-24-2005, 09:55 PM
There will always be juicy games waiting for you. However, if you screw this up, there are no more shots with her.

Some might answer that there are tons of girls in the world. Still - I bet this problem will come up with them too.

montechristo
11-24-2005, 10:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
the trick is to get good loving WHILE playing poker

[/ QUOTE ]

true, but the last time I did this I misclicked all in with 56o for 1400. blow jobs/poker don't mix.

HopeydaFish
11-24-2005, 10:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Any advice?

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds like this might be your answer (http://www.gamblersanonymous.org/)

11-25-2005, 12:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
-ObnxNole-

[/ QUOTE ]
You need to find someone who loves you for who you are......

A LOSER!

11-25-2005, 01:26 PM
Thats not necessary

11-25-2005, 06:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
-ObnxNole-

[/ QUOTE ]
You need to find someone who loves you for who you are......

A LOSER!

[/ QUOTE ]

Generally, anyone that needs to feel good about themselves by calling people losers, are generally guilty of what they accuse people of.

But to get back on topic; Remember in the Godfather when the Don tells asks micheal how his family is? then he states a man that doesn't spend time with his family isn't really a man. Now playing 8 tables is tough, but not as tough as being the godfather i think. Family first dood, and even if you don't consider your girl as "family" your sitll developing bad habits for someone that you eventually might.

Pog0
11-25-2005, 09:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I need some good excuses for the future...Any advice

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't be looking for juicy games if you know you don't have the time / (insert other constriction) to play in it.

If you knew you couldn't play, looked at the games, it sounds more like you were looking for an excuse to not spend time with your girlfriend moreso than desiring to play in a particular juicy game. Could be subconscious, could be conscious, and I could be way off because I don't have nearly enough information to state this in an accusing form. Just wanted to bring it up as a mere possibility incase you haven't thought about it.

Xhad
11-26-2005, 01:11 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Some might answer that there are tons of girls in the world. Still - I bet this problem will come up with them too.

[/ QUOTE ]

This would be my answer if this thread were something like "My girlfriend insists on talking on the phone for 3 hours a day in addition to going out 4 times a week two of which she stays over at my apt. even though we're both taking 15 hours of college credit and living in different cities so I never have enough time to myself to play poker even though I've confronted her about this," which is kind of sad IMO.

Instead this sounds like "I have a long distance relationship and can't put poker on hold for one week," which is also sad, but in the other direction.

11-26-2005, 07:05 PM
OP has the problem.

toots
11-26-2005, 07:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
OP has the problem.

[/ QUOTE ]

No kidding.

My advice: Break up. You'll both be happier in the long run. Stay away from any and all intimate relationships until you've finally reached the point where you can think and care about someone other than yourself. Then, make sure you pick a partner/spouse who can do the same.

In the mean time, it sounds like all you're achieving in your relationships is sharing your misery with others.

BassMasterK
11-26-2005, 08:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I am having the same problem. My current "girlfriend" has told several times to choose between her and poker. I don't get off my 8 tables... She don't leave. However, she bitches alot and it annoys me. Whats my line? slap her?

[/ QUOTE ]

Have you tried giving her a good 'ol kick in nuts?

Big Limpin'
11-26-2005, 09:23 PM
Get some of that date rape drug, roofies, and drug her. Then go play poker.

AKQJ10
11-26-2005, 09:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Any advice?

[/ QUOTE ]

Without reading the rest of this thread, I think the fact that you see a problem worthy of message board intervention here indicates that you're better off not being in a romantic relationship. Relating to another requires sacrifice. If you're not capable of sacrificing a juicy game, that's not necessarily something to be ashamed of. However, wasting her time and her emotions when she really doesn't mean that much to you is something to be ashamed of.

Do both of you a favor. Break up. Focus on poker. One day after you've made a fortune at cards, you may decide you want to pursue less self-centered parts of life. Or you may never reach that point. Either way, you're not there now, and it's only fair to her to admit it.

11-27-2005, 01:39 AM
If you are a good player just buy her stuff and tell her that poker got her that necklace, purse, flowers etc. If you aren't making large amounts of cash I would suggest you continue to have sex with your girlfriend and realize that poker is a fun hobby and will not make up for more important things in life.

MicroBob
11-27-2005, 02:27 AM
I can't imagine even bothering to date someone who I would rate 2nd to poker.

If I actually rated poker higher than the girl I was dating then that means that the girl is so intensely annoying I shouldn't be dating her in the first place.

Holdiay time....
and haven't seen your girl for awhile I would guess...
and you want to sit around and play cards instead of getting laid?

Huh?

12-09-2005, 08:28 AM
Oooo, I know how this feels... well, ok not quiet. the problem was there but I would always choose my (late) girlfiend instead of one hot game. However, she say it and we sat down to have a good discussion. Basically, she would want more quality time doing what she wanted to do... and in return I got to show her how to play poker. We still play together quiet well, her winning one of our home tournments, even though we broke up of compleatly unrelated issues (fact: Girlfriend suddenly realising she's gay is NOT as good as it sounds) and we enjoy eachs other company at the poker tables both socially and competativly.

Why don't you try givin' her a few sessions, and then teach her how to play poker. SHe might fall in love with the game and you'd have a relationship where you can both climax when you flop the nuts and cripple the deck.

angst
12-09-2005, 09:23 AM
Your girlfriend should clearly dump you for being such an ass. That's my advice.