PDA

View Full Version : Weirdness with Q2s

Spicymoose
11-24-2005, 03:36 PM
Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx (http://www.zerodivide.cx/converter)

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q/images/graemlins/club.gif, 2/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG calls, MP calls, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls, UTG calls, MP calls, CO calls.

Flop: (10.40 SB) J/images/graemlins/spade.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG checks, MP checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Button folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG folds, MP calls, CO calls.

Turn: (8.20 BB) K/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, MP checks, CO checks.

River: (8.20 BB) 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks...and will call 1 bet.

Anyone like bet/folding the river instead?

Note: I am betting most turns. I hated this turn.

11-24-2005, 03:37 PM
I think you can bet the river since they all checked behind on the turn.

11-24-2005, 03:57 PM
Against crappy players, I think you need to bet-fold the turn instead of the river. MP's calling two cold on the flop was very suspicious. As much as I would hate doing it, I would really hate giving the single spades a free card here. I think a made flush is less likely (slightly) than some random pair among fishy players, and a turn bet may fold a better Q sometimes.

Thinking players, who might notice that you forced another player to call two cold, would never believe you have the flush, so I don't think betting into them will fold out a better hand. Also, they are more likely to bet their flush draws on the flop I think. Thus, a check may be better against them.

This advice may be totally wrong, but that's how I'd play it. I may be overcompensating for my previous tendency to check too much.