PDA

View Full Version : Bottom set vs possible straight (PP 11)

Huckle
11-24-2005, 01:30 PM
First hand so all stacks are the same. I'm in the BB.

Hero has T/images/graemlins/spade.gif T/images/graemlins/club.gif

UTG, MP1, MP2 and button limps, SB completes and I just check.

pot 90
Flop: T/images/graemlins/heart.gif J/images/graemlins/spade.gif K/images/graemlins/club.gif

SB checks, I bet out 75, UTG minraises to 150. 4 folds.

Now what? Is this really AQ every time? Calling puts me in a bad position unless the board pairs on the turn. I would have raised pf with AQ, but I guess not everyone does.

mosdef
11-24-2005, 02:32 PM
No, it's not always AQ. It's also reasonable to infer that he has KJ or KT or KQ. He might have a straight, but I wouldn't drop it here. You can shove, or if you absolutely feel the need to be fancy you can call and push any turn that's not a Q, but you're better off plowing straight ahead with this one.

FlyWf
11-24-2005, 04:21 PM
Dude, it's an $11. He has K5o. If you want to be afraid of monsters, he'll have JJ more than the straight. Call, then checkraise allin any non Q turn.

11-24-2005, 04:32 PM
From what I've seen, AQ is pretty commonly raised pf in the 11s. I think you're almost definitely good here... puuuush.

Runner Runner
11-24-2005, 05:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
From what I've seen, AQ is pretty commonly raised pf in the 11s. I think you're almost definitely good here... puuuush.

[/ QUOTE ]

Correct, AQ usually raises pf here so that makes AQ less likely. Do not push though, give your opponent a chance to make a mistake. Make a re-raise of about 2/3 to 3/4 of the pot, and call a push. If your opponent calls, then push any turn.

I prefer to get action from the hands that I beat, not only the hands that beat me.

se2schul
11-24-2005, 05:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Dude, it's an $11. He has K5o.

[/ QUOTE ]

11-24-2005, 08:33 PM
Wow. You are totally right. I definitely didn't read the "This is the first hand" part of the post.

Push would be sub-optimal, although I definitely think he's good there and there's some things that would be scary on the turn.

nh.