PDA

View Full Version : Last hand of the night

11-24-2005, 12:02 PM
This is from our local B&M. $2-5 spread limit holdem with a single blind (normally $2, but villian played it for $3 making the min bet $3 for the hand). It's closing time and they announced this was the last hand of the night - which often turns into a wild LAGfest. It was well past my bedtime and I was pretty tired. I was also on a 30BB+ downswing and having a pretty severe case of MUBS.

$2-5 spread limit, 9 players

Hero is CO with J /images/graemlins/diamond.gif T /images/graemlins/diamond.gif
Button looks at his cards and leaves the table /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Blind bets $3, 4 callers (all loose passive), hero calls.

FLOP: K /images/graemlins/spade.gif 9 /images/graemlins/heart.gif 7 /images/graemlins/club.gif (pot $18 or 3.5BB 6 players)

Blind checks, UTG bets $3, 1 caller, Hero calls, Blind raises to $8, UTG calls, 1 fold, Hero calls.

I really liked this flop. I was dreaming of making a big score and getting closer to even. UTG was very loose, and somewhat passive. Her range was pretty wide, but for her to bet here I thought she had to have a K. Blind played too many hands but seemed to be a decent enough player. He did like to CR. I'd seen him CR 2x in the same hand at least twice during the night /images/graemlins/crazy.gif Should I have raised UTG's bet with my double gut shot str8 draw? Was it okay to call the CR here?

TURN: J /images/graemlins/club.gif (pot $45 or 9BB, 3 players)

Blind checks, UTG bets $5, Hero ?

I am worried about another check raise here or is that MUBS?

Thanks for your help.

hemstock
11-24-2005, 12:12 PM
Raise the flop. You have an equity edge. Call the turn well you still have lots of outs