PDA

View Full Version : KK on a scary board.

restless
11-24-2005, 09:12 AM
I know you guys don't like this but... no reads. Its my 3rd hand at the table.

PokerStars 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is Button with K/images/graemlins/club.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif. MP3 posts a blind of $3.
<font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, MP3 (poster) checks, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls, MP3 calls.

Flop: (7 SB) 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 3/images/graemlins/club.gif, 4/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls, MP3 calls.

Turn: (6.50 BB) 5/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, MP3 checks, Hero ?

ok, not a nice turn for me. Am I ahead or behind? How many outs do you give me if I'm behind? IMO I can have anything from 0 to 11 outs. Plus hidden outs that I can't seem to calculate right now.

Best line? Anything wrong so far?

hemstock
11-24-2005, 10:33 AM
Bet again ang check behind on the river.
If you get check-raised call and fold the river UI.

11-24-2005, 11:07 AM
I bet the turn. Like you said there are quite a few outs left unless MP3 is holding ace rag of clubs. If you do get raised, I call and check fold the river UI. Check call with a club.

restless
11-24-2005, 11:32 AM
ok, sounds good.

I bet and BB raised. MP3 calls 2 cold. I call.

River is 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif

Would you call this "improved" or "unimproved" ??

I'd rather see the board pair really low but I guess that this card will occasionaly bail me out.

Pot is now 12.5BB
BB bets, MP3 folds and I made the crying call. good, bad or totally marginal/break-even?

SNOWBALL138
11-24-2005, 11:59 AM
I bet the turn.

Its hard to put BB on a made draw here. Sure, he called 2 cold on the flop, but wtf would he go for a checkraise on the turn when that could easily chase MP3 out of the pot, and when you might check behind anyway?

It looks a lot like the BB has 88, 99, or A7 with the ace of clubs, and is trying to force out MP3. I call the river here everytime with no read, even if I do get checkraised on the turn.

I'm not saying that you are ahead the majority of the time, but folding an overpair in this particular pot doesn't seem profitable when BBs hand range includes a lot of hands that you beat.

SNOWBALL138
11-24-2005, 12:21 PM
I raise a club river if he leads on the river. We're ahead on a club river wayyyyyy too often to not raise.