PDA

View Full Version : 5/10 full ring - flopping the Nut Str8 oop

fuzzbox
11-24-2005, 07:34 AM
5/10 full ring.
I've most likely got an image of Rocky MacRocky the Rock of Gibraltar. I've also got one of an aggressive rock.

I know nothing much about villains

Hero has K/images/graemlins/diamond.gifQ/images/graemlins/diamond.gif

Stacks all around 1k.

Preflop
Folded to button who makes it 35, hero in SB calls, BB calls

Flop (105)
9/images/graemlins/heart.gifT/images/graemlins/diamond.gifJ/images/graemlins/spade.gif
Hero bets 55, BB calls, button makes it 150, hero pushes for 900 more.

Too fast ?
What is your default play here ?

yvesaint
11-24-2005, 07:37 AM
bet like 80 on the flop.... that if he raises u, say to like 200-250, you call, pot is 400-500 on turn, easy check-raise all-in on turn (do you think theres anything he could raise with on the flop but check behind on turn?? a blank comes i think he def fires with 2-pair/better again)

if he doesnt raise just bet all the way down

11-24-2005, 10:23 AM
[ QUOTE ]
bet like 80 on the flop.... that if he raises u, say to like 200-250, you call, pot is 400-500 on turn, easy check-raise all-in on turn (do you think theres anything he could raise with on the flop but check behind on turn?? a blank comes i think he def fires with 2-pair/better again)

if he doesnt raise just bet all the way down

[/ QUOTE ]

Great line

Hattifnatt
11-24-2005, 10:28 AM
I bet 100 on the flop hoping villian likes the flop. if he raises to 400 or so I push, if he raises less I might call and c/r or lead the turn.

Bosox
11-24-2005, 10:39 AM
Given that you bet the flop like a sissy, villains raise could be, and usually is, close to pure air. I time a bit and call the raise, then let the villain fire barrel 2 on the turn and CR that, probably allin if it's of any size. With a check behind on the turn, maybe open push the river to shift things up or gaybet it. Either way, CRing the turn has best value IMO. If he doesn't have air, you win. If he does, you win more than you would by straightup going allin on the flop. Maybe someone could work with hand ranges and % chance villain is just bluffraising and figure out if it's right scientifically. I have no time for such things.