PDA

View Full Version : I donk all street

Roy6
11-24-2005, 06:58 AM
In a recent thread, Wynton asked when it's correct to donk.
I don't havy any reads as it's only my 2nd orbit.

In retrospect I think
-preflop is good
-flop is good
-turn is debatable
-river is awful (EV= -1 BB)

Party Poker 3.00/6.00 Hold'em <font color="#0000FF">(6 handed)</font> link (http://www.darksun.lunarpages.com/poker/)

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, MP calls, <font color="#666666">1 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 folds</font>, Hero calls, UTG calls, MP calls.

Flop: (12.33 SB) 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/club.gif, 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls, MP calls, Button calls.

Turn: (8.17 BB) 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG folds, MP calls, Button calls.

River: (11.17 BB) 9/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP calls, Button calls.

Final Pot: 14.17 BB.

Silverback
11-24-2005, 07:05 AM
I play preflop and flop the same.

My logic on the turn may be flawed, let me know

I check the turn as by betting out I have very little chance of winning the pot, betting into 3 other players,
also I dont want to get raised on this expensive street.
I would call a bet.

River I check fold.

ArturiusX
11-24-2005, 07:08 AM
I usually mix it up between checking this flop and betting. Checking and seeing isn't a bad line, because it may give us a nice value c/r, which also disguises our hand nicely. Metagame stuff also comes in.

Turn I don't like, betting into this large field is suicide.

River bet makes me puke. Pretty clear the pocket pairs are calling down.

stigmata
11-24-2005, 07:12 AM
Flop donk is good: Getting raised by the button would be good

Turn donk is bad: Against 3 players someone likely has something and is calling all the way. Getting raised would suck.

River donk is horrid: You win this pot about never.

Spicymoose
11-24-2005, 07:26 AM
One more reason I hate this new word donk. I donīt think there is any clear concensus onto what it actually is. I was under the impression that only the flop was considered a donk, the rest are just continuations of the flop bet.

I think preflop is fine, but does anyone cap it? Flop looks good, but turn you should really just check, and river I think you already know how bad this is.

flawless_victory
11-24-2005, 07:30 AM
yeah, donk bet is supposed to be a bet into the lead.
OP had the lead on turn/river, so those arent "donk bets"

seems like these terms are only really applicable to pots that are contested HU anyway...

spydog
11-24-2005, 07:55 AM
I hate the flop. I'm checkraising this 100% of the time. It's the only chance you have of winning the pot unimproved. If they coldcall 2 or button 3-bets then great. But, I want to at least give myself a chance to win this without improving. Plus, it might give us more action when we hit because you are misrepresenting your hand on the flop when you checkraise.

11-24-2005, 08:18 AM
Why is the turn bet horrid? He has almost equity and it disguises his hand.

stigmata
11-24-2005, 08:27 AM
He doesn't even have equity if *everyone calls*. But what if just one player calls? Someone raises? I think check-call is a more profitable line.

spydog
11-24-2005, 08:30 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Why is the turn bet horrid? He has almost equity and it disguises his hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't hate his turn bet. I said that I liked checkraising the flop.

baronzeus
11-24-2005, 09:13 AM
i cap preflop,
lead flop and turn,
c/f river

this is GENERAL.