PDA

View Full Version : Limoncello

tonypaladino
11-24-2005, 06:22 AM
Anyone ever have it? It is a wonderful liqueur. It has an awsome kick and is very sweet without tasting like some candy flavored [censored] that you get high school girls drunk with.

The best way to serve it is to hollow out some lemon halves, freeze them, and serve it in the frozen lemon peel cups. to mix it up a little, serve it with italian champage and lemon sorbet in the cups.
http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/6581/apalliniblackbacw2jpeg0ds.jpg

razor
11-24-2005, 11:35 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Anyone ever have it?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, regularly.

krimson
11-24-2005, 11:36 AM
[ QUOTE ]
...without tasting like some candy flavored [censored] that you get high school girls drunk with.

[/ QUOTE ]
I guess i'll be leaving it off my purchase list.

sfer
11-24-2005, 12:57 PM
Next time you have dinner somewhere, order one and an single espresso in a regular sized coffee cup. Pour the two together and enjoy.

JonPKibble
11-24-2005, 01:39 PM
What is the % of alcohol content? That looks sweeeet.

miajag81
11-24-2005, 01:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Next time you have dinner somewhere, order one and an single espresso in a regular sized coffee cup. Pour the two together and enjoy.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you serious? Lemon liqueur in espresso sounds pretty gross to me.

tonypaladino
11-24-2005, 03:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I've never tried this, but i do twist some lemon rind into my espresso, so I imagine it might tast good. I'll try it tonight, there's gonna be espresso made.

StickyWicket
11-24-2005, 03:48 PM
A delightful libation...and might I add, it gets girls drunk anyways. /images/graemlins/blush.gif

Sticky /images/graemlins/heart.gif

Etric
11-24-2005, 10:30 PM
I want to try this. Where can you get a bottle of this in the United States? I can't seem to find anyone selling it online.

sfer
11-24-2005, 11:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought likewise and I was wrong.

rudedog78
11-24-2005, 11:37 PM
My father once drank about 6 glasses of Limoncello in the morning (roughly one ounce each)... yes, he his an alcoholic... but anyways. Obviously he hadnt eaten anything and probably drank some beer waking up. He had the worst pain ever at the restaurant later when we went to eat, I thought he was going to die.

So, dont drink this stuff on an empty stomach because it's a digestif and it's to help you digest!

Namdrahsirhc
11-24-2005, 11:50 PM
Actually i work in a family owned italian restaraunt in South Jersey. The woman who owns it is about 60 yrs old and she makes her own limoncello. The stuff is amazing. She peels about 10 lemons, soaks them in a handle of everclear for a weak, strains them, adds a handle of water and a lot of sugar and freezes it. We give it out for free to our good customers since you cant sell homemade alcohol without some kinda permit

CardSharpCook
11-25-2005, 01:11 AM
I think the alch content is low - around 6%, but I could be wrong.

rudedog78
11-25-2005, 01:38 AM
It varies between 25% and 35%, from what ive seen.

11-25-2005, 09:54 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Actually i work in a family owned italian restaraunt in South Jersey. The woman who owns it is about 60 yrs old and she makes her own limoncello. The stuff is amazing. She peels about 10 lemons, soaks them in a handle of everclear for a weak, strains them, adds a handle of water and a lot of sugar and freezes it. We give it out for free to our good customers since you cant sell homemade alcohol without some kinda permit

[/ QUOTE ]

I've been thinking about making my own limoncello. It's usually rather expensive outside Italy (at least it is in Denmark) and it sounds like it isn't too hard work making it.
How much is a handle ? Is that like one bottle (70 cl) or ? And does she peel off the white inside of the lemons ?
Do you know if you can use non-ecological/biological lemons ?

<font color="yellow"> LIMONCELLO FOREVER <font color="yellow"> </font>

codewarrior
11-25-2005, 10:03 AM
When TG and I were in Rome this past Spring, we had it after dinner at a little sidewalk restaraunt around the corner from the Colleseum. The just bring it to you after dinner. Good stuff. A shot of that on top of your espresso get you a little wired though, and considering no one eats dinner until 9:00 at night, you wind up staying up late a lot.

ditto
11-25-2005, 12:13 PM
They give it away in european ski resorts at the door of nightclubs to get you in. Tastes like [censored] and you normally see it again the next morning...