PDA

View Full Version : Inspired by entity, I do something different.

ArturiusX
11-24-2005, 05:48 AM
Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 4 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: (6 SB) 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 9/images/graemlins/club.gif, T/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, Hero checks.

I want a comprehensive answer as to why I should bet this flop.

admiralfluff
11-24-2005, 05:54 AM
If this is different, it shouldn't be. I would bet this if both villains were loose-passive fit or fold types. Like in the 50/4/.5 family. Even that might be a mistake.

11-24-2005, 06:07 AM
If you bet the flop, you won't fold a flush draw or OESD or probably any PP. Checking the flop then betting a safe turn in the (still) small pot would force the OESDs to make an incorrect call and nullify the flush draw's EV.

Unfortunately, if they bet into you on the turn first, you have a tough decision. Well, it's not so tough. I think you should raise then fold to a 3-bet. If they just call your raise, check behind on the river for a free showdown if you don't hit an A or K. Well this is what I'd do at 1/2, so I'm not sure if this works at 5/10.

ArturiusX
11-24-2005, 06:10 AM
Woah, the pot will be like 3BB at that stage, is it worth fighting with a raise for? I think your line is really really bad.

11-24-2005, 06:19 AM
It would be 4 BB, and at 1/2 this folds them almost every time. It's risky and laggy, but it works for me. You only need it to work more than a third of the time to be profitable. It works way more than that I'm sure. Most people will take a stab on the turn with a pair or a draw and think you slowplayed the nuts if you raise. Don't do this very often, of course, but it should be in your playbook.

11-24-2005, 06:19 AM
I like this play more than entitys. I think there is a significant difference between a 678 flop and 8910. But I would probably bet anyway.

admiralfluff
11-24-2005, 06:20 AM
Agreed. You aren't ahead often enough to make a flop bet good, and certainly not often enough to raise anywhere UI. Depending on the opponents, I don't think I always even bet a safe turn if it's checked to me.

Silverback
11-24-2005, 06:44 AM
Are you going to call a bet? If so you should bet out out.

If not, then its an easy check fold on this draw heavy board of which you have none.

Against 2 players your likely already behind,

I see nothing wrong with a check fold, as long as its not check call.

ArturiusX
11-24-2005, 06:46 AM
I think what you just said it true OOP, but not with position. I'm calling one bet, because any pair will bet out.

admiralfluff
11-24-2005, 06:46 AM
he's in position

Silverback
11-24-2005, 06:53 AM
I see hes in position, but if one of those players had bet, would he have called?
If so, then I think he should have bet because they have shown weakness,
Unless one of the other players likes to check raise all kinds of pairs and draws in this situtation, then I might take the free card,

ArturiusX
11-24-2005, 07:04 AM
"Weakness" isn't a good enough answer. We call a bet because we have enough good outs. We don't bet because we have zero folding equity, almost never make a continuation bet on the turn, check-raised sucks and we may have to fold, etc.

Transference
11-24-2005, 07:52 AM
I bet every time
- we still have some albiet little fold equity
- dominated overcards will make poor calls
- i like free turn cards more than free flop cards
- we generally deprive a draw of the chance to push us of the best hand on the turn.

I bet a ton of flops