PDA

View Full Version : ATs UTG 5-handed

ajmargarine
11-24-2005, 04:32 AM
I might have played this OK, I might not have, let me know. Preflop OK? Reads probably are irrelevant. The table was very loose. PFR's were going unrespected as were CB's. You pretty much had to make the best hand to win a pot as most hands were being showndown, and that's why I didn't PFR. These two shortstacks had $150+ not too long ago.

BB has $68, Button $28, Hero covers.

$1/$2 NLHE 5-handed

Preflop: Hero is UTG with A /images/graemlins/spade.gif T /images/graemlins/spade.gif. SB posts a blind of $1
Hero calls $2, 1 fold, Button calls $2, SB folds, BB checks.

Flop: ($7) J /images/graemlins/spade.gif 3 /images/graemlins/spade.gif 2 /images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue"> (3 players) </font>
BB checks, Hero bets $5, Button pushes for $26, BB calls $26, Hero calls $21.

Turn: ($82) T /images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue"> (3 players, 1 all-in) </font>
BB pushes all-in for $40, Hero calls $40.

I was planning on folding to the Button push on the flop. Is that correct?

When BB called, I figured it was best if I tagged along. Right? Or should I push? And then the turn call is automatic when the ten hits. Comments welcome.

ajmargarine
11-24-2005, 05:14 AM
Upon thinking on this further, I think I should have pushed the flop after BB called. I think.

AllIn3High
11-24-2005, 11:47 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Upon thinking on this further, I think I should have pushed the flop after BB called. I think.

[/ QUOTE ]

Raise preflop, and yeah get all-in on the flop. I doubt he's folding a worse flush draw anyway.

trigeek08
11-24-2005, 11:55 AM
When the BB calls the push on the flop, I think it's time to get the money in. Your getting about 3:1 to put him all in on the flop, throw it in there.

orange
11-24-2005, 12:35 PM
With such short stacks, I don't see how its possible to fold here.

I usually raise PF, but at the table described, limping is fine. Are you folding to a raise PF?

zaphod
11-24-2005, 05:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with pushing the flop. How deep would your and BB's stacks have to be to make you choose a diffrent line?