PDA

View Full Version : Blind war. I'm heading for SD but cards intterupt

Stinkybeaver
11-24-2005, 03:09 AM
Still no reads but this guy had aggression I saw him Bet all 3 streets with KJ UI on a pretty boring board he lost to A-high. I'm not saying that his play was bad just that it was agressive.

PokerStars 3/6 Hold'em (5 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx (http://www.zerodivide.cx/converter)

Preflop: Hero is BB with J/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 8/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (4 SB) 5/images/graemlins/club.gif, 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (5 BB) Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (7 BB) A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 8 BB
He goes to war from SB and I call with J8off. I check/raise flop with top pair and he makes it 3. I'm heading for SD but two overs hit thus i fold river.

imported_leader
11-24-2005, 03:15 AM
I play it the same

stigmata
11-24-2005, 10:00 AM
With the desribed opponent, I call getting 8:1 and I think he shows K7, 89, etc. often enough.

spydog
11-24-2005, 10:15 AM
Cap the flop (or call the 3-bet and raise the turn). Call the river. No way am I folding here. He could be raising preflop with some sloppy hand and caught an OESD on the flop. That fold is ugly.

Stinkybeaver
11-24-2005, 10:19 AM
Well yeah no dobut he could be bluffing, however his range of hands after he 3-bets the flop is quite large. So he could have anything from 87 and up to AA thus I decided to fold my third pair.

I think most of his 3-betting range has me beat here.

stigmata
11-24-2005, 10:24 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is probably correct, but it doesn't make the river fold correct.

Stinkybeaver
11-24-2005, 10:30 AM
So you are seeing a showdown here regardless ofthe cards hitting.?

wdcbooks
11-24-2005, 10:41 AM
[ QUOTE ]
So you are seeing a showdown here regardless ofthe cards hitting.?

[/ QUOTE ]

I will answer on his behalf. Yes. The pot is to large to fold when you think that 'most' of his hands beat you on the end. You better believe that nearly all of them do to fold here.

Not to mention that letting him push you out here will only make future battles with him harder for you to win.

stigmata
11-24-2005, 11:18 AM
The player has shown a propensity to keep firing on all 3 streets. This means that neither the A or the Q neccessiraly improved his hand. He almost certainly would have played quite a few hands that you beat in exactly this way. This would include most paired hands, and even some straight draws that missed.

I think his hand range that beats you is less than 1/8, which is odds the pot is offering.

axioma
11-24-2005, 01:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

the question is whether &gt; 7/8 of his range has you beat, and im not sure thats the case.

[edit] ooops, replied without reading all the replies, someone beat me to it more or less.

tallstack
11-24-2005, 01:59 PM
I also like calling the flop 3-bet and raising the turn. The Q is not a very big scare card and I think that there are many hands that the SB will 3-bet on the flop that we are still ahead of on the turn.

The ace on the river is not great to see, but I think that you need to call down.

Dave