PDA

View Full Version : KK in big blind

barrett
07-01-2003, 11:33 PM
Still learning a lot about NL Hold'em but I'm having a blast with the Sit & Go's on Pokerstars. How would you play the following scenario:

Playing the $2 buy-in NL tourney with 419 entrants. I'm in above average chip position with 3500 and third in chip position at my table. I'm dealt KK in the big blind. Chip leader at our table who has shown some pretty crappy hands makes it 200 to go and there are 2 callers.

How much do you raise or do you push it all in to eliminate the Ax chasers?

MrGo
07-02-2003, 02:58 AM
How much are the blinds? What is the chip leader's position?

From what you have given, raise 800-1000 more.

Kurn, son of Mogh
07-02-2003, 08:33 AM
If the blinds are 25/50, the standard pot-size reraise would be to 675. In NL, you should strive to standardize your raises and reraises regardless of your hand. In other words, pick out the range of hands you'll reraise with and always raise the same multiple of the BB or the pot. Once you start altering your raises based on what you hold, the better players will pick up on that and hand you your head on a platter.

barrett
07-02-2003, 11:04 AM
Thanks -- that's a good point. I have been raising based on the perceived strength of my hands and many times I don't get action. I think I should have bet the size of the pot at this point.