PDA

View Full Version : LOST 11/23

lastsamurai
11-24-2005, 02:06 AM
This has to be the best episode this season so far...... Just when the writers are making you hate Ana loucia's character you find out she is just as wack as all the other castaways...and feel bad for her.

MAN are there any normal people on that plane?

11-24-2005, 02:09 AM
I really like how this one played out. I seriously can't wait to figure out if there are still "Others" out there or not. We are probably going to have a Lost marathon tomorrow with the DVDs.

11-24-2005, 02:09 AM
im just pumped for eko's story

admiralfluff
11-24-2005, 02:10 AM
"ana lucia made a mistake."

What does doc's spark of recognition mean?

hmm... /images/graemlins/shocked.gif

11-24-2005, 02:13 AM
They showed the "Dharma" thing again, briefly, when Eko or whatever his name is came in the hatch. He seemed to be looking at it closely.

dblgutshot
11-24-2005, 02:14 AM
It was the name ana lucia. They met before they got on the plane, and he just remembered this.

KneeCo
11-24-2005, 02:16 AM
That character is a racial cliché played by an actress who has been typecast in one role for her entire career and yet somehow has yet to figure out how not to suck at it.

The great thing about Lost isn't the mysteries or the action, it's the cool characters and their clever back stories (hence why the flashback format works).

Every scene with Ana Lucia is just dragging down the show.

Eko rocks though.

11-24-2005, 02:28 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Eko rocks though.

[/ QUOTE ]
He may be the most level-headed of them all.

lastsamurai
11-24-2005, 02:33 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Every scene with Ana Lucia is just dragging down the show.

[/ QUOTE ]
yeah but tonights episode made me change my mind about her....

KingCon
11-24-2005, 02:34 AM
[ QUOTE ]
"ana lucia made a mistake."

What does doc's spark of recognition mean?

hmm... /images/graemlins/shocked.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Jack flirted with Anna in the airport bar before takeoff

private joker
11-24-2005, 02:57 AM
I can't believe Michael didn't react when he was taken to the hatch. There's a friggin' BUNKER! Underground! With food! And a shower! And weapons! And a computer! Holy SH|T!!! And all he does is talk to Jack for a second about Shannon and Eko, then runs back to the beach to see the dog? WTF? Dude, there's a bunker on the island! Doesn't that surprise you at all? He also didn't seem too bothered about Shannon's death. Actually, nobody but Sayid does.

dblgutshot
11-24-2005, 03:01 AM
Yeah that was definatly whack. Didn't seem like he even acknowledged the place!

uw_madtown
11-24-2005, 03:04 AM
[ QUOTE ]
WTF? Dude, there's a bunker on the island! Doesn't that surprise you at all?

[/ QUOTE ]

He already saw that the Tailaways had found a Dharma bunker, so it's not like the existence of a bunker should be a total shock -- but he didn't seem too surprised that the original Lostaways had found one of their own, so yeah.

Loved the episode. Lots of Ana Lucia hate going on around the internets right now but frankly she's growing on me. Not as a character I feel sympathy/empathy for, but as a character that could lead to some intriguing situations and exchanges.

private joker
11-24-2005, 03:40 AM
[ QUOTE ]

He already saw that the Tailaways had found a Dharma bunker, so it's not like the existence of a bunker should be a total shock -- but he didn't seem too surprised that the original Lostaways had found one of their own, so yeah.

[/ QUOTE ]

And the Tailaway's bunker didn't have a shower, a computer, a stockpile of weapons, a pantry full of candy, or a record player spinning The Mamas & The Papas.

Soul Daddy
11-24-2005, 04:16 AM
[ QUOTE ]
im just pumped for eko's story

[/ QUOTE ]
Seriously, this guy is intriguing as hell. I'm actually less pumped for his story than I probably should be, only because the mystery of his character is its driving force at the moment.

ChipWrecked
11-24-2005, 04:19 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Lots of Ana Lucia hate going on around the internets right now

[/ QUOTE ]

I find her and her backstory annoying and pointless... but I think her baby she lost was Jack's. Any talk of that theory on the internets?

housenuts
11-24-2005, 05:17 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I find her and her backstory annoying and pointless... but I think her baby she lost was Jack's. Any talk of that theory on the internets?

[/ QUOTE ]

i don't think it was jack's baby. i think jack was the doctor that told her she lost her baby.

ChipWrecked
11-24-2005, 05:19 AM
Ah, there we go. Thanks.

Soul Daddy
11-24-2005, 05:21 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i don't think it was jack's baby. i think jack was the doctor that told her she lost her baby.

[/ QUOTE ]
Are these some over-my-head sarcastic quips? They just met at the airport.

ChipWrecked
11-24-2005, 05:54 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Are these some over-my-head sarcastic quips? They just met at the airport.

[/ QUOTE ]

I can't keep all these storylines straight. Seemed to me their lil' moment at the end had more behind it than people who just met. However, since Kate is gonna be all about Sawyer now, it's probably just a setup so Jack and Ana Lucia can bump uglies.

Eurotrash
11-24-2005, 08:45 AM
awesome episode, can't wait for next week's.

Dominic
11-24-2005, 03:11 PM
you know with all this Dharma stuff going on, Greg just HAS to show up at some point.

11-24-2005, 03:15 PM
lol Greg wouldn't last 2 minutes on the island

diebitter
11-24-2005, 03:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

IN! IN! IN!

Sponger15SB
11-24-2005, 03:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[censored] you and your Dawson's Crap! Go to hell, Pacey! Go to hell!

bobman0330
11-24-2005, 03:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
However, since Kate is gonna be all about Sawyer now, it's probably just a setup so Jack and Ana Lucia can bump uglies.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah. Did anyone else think the golf scene was much much hotter than the Kate-crooning-in-Sawyer's-ear scene?

jusander
11-24-2005, 04:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
However, since Kate is gonna be all about Sawyer now, it's probably just a setup so Jack and Ana Lucia can bump uglies.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah. Did anyone else think the golf scene was much much hotter than the Kate-crooning-in-Sawyer's-ear scene?

[/ QUOTE ]
Damn Kate was sexy in that scene.

Senor Cardgage
11-24-2005, 04:17 PM
Here (http://www.4815162342.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3377&postdays=0&postorder=asc&star t=0) is the most interesting theory I've seen yet. And... it actually really seems to make sense. I'd be kinda disappointed if it's true, though, since I'd prefer everything to stay a bit of a mystery till the end.

KingCon
11-24-2005, 05:00 PM
Looking at the previews for next weeks episode I noticed this: 2 weeks ago, Shannon went to visit Boones Grave, there was only 1 cross. In next weeks preview a scene shows 3 Crosses. One could be Shannon but who else did they bury?

11-25-2005, 02:16 AM
One thing to remeber about Jack is he has always been anit-fate, the opposite of locke. I think him seeing Ana was another holyshit moment for him, like the guy in the bunker. I think he is starting to realize that maybe they were all put on that island for a reason not just a bunch of coincidences.

I agree it was odd for Michael to not react, but there was a gap where he arrived, then they started to go out. He explained the situation to Jack, maybe they explained the bunker to him?

Next weeks episode is centered around Kate.

kipin
11-25-2005, 02:30 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Here (http://www.4815162342.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3377&postdays=0&postorder=asc&star t=0) is the most interesting theory I've seen yet. And... it actually really seems to make sense. I'd be kinda disappointed if it's true, though, since I'd prefer everything to stay a bit of a mystery till the end.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow sweet. This guy has done his research and really lays out some pretty interesting facts.

It seems like her is going somewhere in the right direction but not entirely.

TheCroShow
11-25-2005, 03:01 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[censored] you and your Dawson's Crap! Go to hell, Pacey! Go to hell!

[/ QUOTE ]

"At least call me by the right name."

This was a decent episode, had a feeling Ana Lucia had a position in the police force or similiar organization. She kicked some ass and you do not learn that with self-defence classes only.

Maggie Grace had a powerful performance as a special guest star...

UCF THAYER
11-25-2005, 04:02 AM
I can't believe nobody has mentioned Sklansky's acting debut!

TheCroShow
11-25-2005, 04:11 AM
best line in history... "They got you a cake, so act surprised." WTF was the point of that?? I have a new respect for Sayid, I always dubbed homie "Captain Obvious." He is a funny character, when Locke smacked him in the head with a stick, Sayid said, "He must have snuck up from behind and clubbed me..." well duh Captain Obvious...he has said a number of Cpt Obvious lines, fun fun.

Sponger15SB
11-25-2005, 04:19 AM
[ QUOTE ]
best line in history... "They got you a cake, so act surprised." WTF was the point of that??

[/ QUOTE ]

I think its cause shes dead inside, so she doesn't care about anything and wouldn't be suprised or be nice about it.

MasterShakes
11-26-2005, 02:01 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Cryogenic freezing? Seriously? Is there ANY evidence of that at all? I sincerely hope that this isn't the true explanation.

RacersEdge
11-27-2005, 02:56 PM
It was interesting from the drama perspective - I really like Anna Lucia. (She is on the front of a mag cover looking very good btw.)

I still don't see why they keep having episodes where NO information is giving on the island mystery. Can't they just spend 5 minutes on it - and not all on character development??

jnalpak
11-27-2005, 04:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
One thing to remeber about Jack is he has always been anit-fate, the opposite of locke. I think him seeing Ana was another holyshit moment for him, like the guy in the bunker. I think he is starting to realize that maybe they were all put on that island for a reason not just a bunch of coincidences.

Next weeks episode is centered around Kate.

[/ QUOTE ]

i did enjoy the look on Jacks face...it was like a WTF is going on. This weeks episode should be interesting, besides being based around kates reason for really being on the run.

btw, whats the * for?

daveymck
11-27-2005, 04:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Cryogenic freezing? Seriously? Is there ANY evidence of that at all? I sincerely hope that this isn't the true explanation.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is the picture on that site real of the black thing blowing up the engine.

TimTimSalabim
11-27-2005, 04:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]

I still don't see why they keep having episodes where NO information is giving on the island mystery. Can't they just spend 5 minutes on it - and not all on character development??

[/ QUOTE ]

IMO, they're doing the right thing by erring on the side of too much character development, at the risk of developing the story too slowly. Otherwise you end up with a show of cartoonish one-dimensional characters like Prison Break.

Shajen
11-28-2005, 08:28 AM
Sayid should have blown that stupid wench away.

They will all be better for it.

But he won't, so we'll get Anna trying to over-throw Jack's leadership.

She's the only character on the whole show I don't give a damn about, now that Shannon is dead. Her character was annoying too.

I liked the old couple's meeting at the end of the episode. That was teh awesome.