PDA

View Full Version : resurrect an album today.

whiskeytown
11-24-2005, 01:55 AM
Sometimes it's fun to take some of your fav. albums (or god forbid, that Air Supply album from Childhood) and listen to it again - I have recently purchased a copy of a Carpenters album my mom used to have.

I know it's hokey and dumb, but I enjoy hearing songs I used to hear so much as a kid, even though I wouldn't be caught dead hearing them now...

Take today and find an album in your collection you used to like and listen to it - try to figure out why you stopped listening to it...

I went with one I hadn't heard in years - Gillian Welch - Time (the Revelator) - very very good album

RB

Dominic
11-24-2005, 02:05 AM
Carol King - Tapestry
The Pretenders first album

both incredibly great....both i haven't listend to in years until this very week!

whiskeytown
11-24-2005, 02:30 AM
I should be pulling out Neil Young's "Weld" - Gillian was only a couple years back, but I'll put on the Carpenters when I et home from work.

RB

MonkeeMan
11-24-2005, 03:15 AM
Nice pair. Tapestry was huge.

Another thread got me listening to the Stones "December's Children" and "Between The Buttons" yesterday.

11-24-2005, 03:33 AM
Dude, you really need to stop smoking weed.

ChipWrecked
11-24-2005, 04:33 AM
I played the hell out of my Partridge Family album as a kid, but I think if I heard "Point Me in the Direction of Albuquerque' now, I'd throw up in my mouth a little bit.

dcasper70
11-24-2005, 10:17 AM
Funny, last night I found a bag of 20 or so old cassette tapes. I wanted to play some, but I realized that I don't have a cassette player anymore!!!!

Some that peaked my interest:
Triumph - Allied Forces
Def Leppard - High & Dry *** Forgot how awesome this was ***
Men at Work - Business as Usual
Police - Ghost in the Machine
Scorpions - Love At First Sting
Ratt - Out Of The Cellar

2+2 wannabe
11-24-2005, 10:20 AM
not really a resurrection, but:

new radicals - maybe you've been brainwashed too

[censored] that was an awesome cd

whiskeytown
11-24-2005, 10:28 AM
neither was my Gillian Welch - but just going back a few years to stuff you mighta burned out on and forgot is awesome...

I hate to say it...but you just reminded me of that Carpenters album - time to go down memory lane.

RB

Slow Play Ray
11-24-2005, 10:35 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Dude, you really need to stop smoking weed.

[/ QUOTE ]

blasphemy!

This is a good idea. I just went through my older CDs and pulled out Candlebox and Pearl Jam (vs.) for the ride to my Dad's.

craig r
11-24-2005, 10:50 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Sometimes it's fun to take some of your fav. albums (or god forbid, that Air Supply album from Childhood) and listen to it again - I have recently purchased a copy of a Carpenters album my mom used to have.

I know it's hokey and dumb, but I enjoy hearing songs I used to hear so much as a kid, even though I wouldn't be caught dead hearing them now...

Take today and find an album in your collection you used to like and listen to it - try to figure out why you stopped listening to it...

I went with one I hadn't heard in years - Gillian Welch - Time (the Revelator) - very very good album

RB

[/ QUOTE ]

My recent resurections have been:

Todd Rundgren
The Carpenters (like you)
Neil Diamond
George Harrison (especially the album with the song "What is life?")
Woody Guthrie
Poison (look what the cat dragged in)
Dylan (I don't know if that counts)
Woody Guthrie
Jerry Lewis (more rockabilly and talented than "the king" anyday.

That is all I can think of now. These always get resurrected every month or so for me, so I don't even know if that constitutes a resurrection. My main genre that I listen to is Indy, Punk Rock, and Hardcore.

craig

diebitter
11-24-2005, 11:16 AM
The Gift - The Jam
Infected - The The
Unknown Pleasures - Joy Division
Out of the Blue - ELO
Quadrophenia - The Who

11-25-2005, 07:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Funny, last night I found a bag of 20 or so old cassette tapes. I wanted to play some, but I realized that I don't have a cassette player anymore!!!!

Some that peaked my interest:
Triumph - Allied Forces
Def Leppard - High & Dry *** Forgot how awesome this was ***
Men at Work - Business as Usual
Police - Ghost in the Machine
Scorpions - Love At First Sting
Ratt - Out Of The Cellar

[/ QUOTE ]

Great albums, the thread should end here.

"too many problems the world can't solve. Too many people, no one wants to be involved" RATT

LLL

samjjones
11-25-2005, 11:35 PM
Gerry Rafferty - City To City

Cancuk
11-25-2005, 11:44 PM
Velvet Underground - Loaded
Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young - So Far