PDA

View Full Version : A random encounter with ....

Photoc
11-23-2005, 11:42 PM
I was getting my hair cut today in the southeast part of town (Vegas) and when I was cashing out, this dude walked in. I didn't think much of it. Baseball cap and sunglasses were worn since it was pretty bright outside. The girl at the counter asks him for his phone number and first name. The second he spoke (softly might I add), I knew exactly who it was. So I quietly asked him and he confirmed it. Joe Hachem.

I introduced myself and we sat and chatted for a little while. This is one awesome guy to talk to. I did more listening than talking, but all in all, it was great. I then asked if I could take his pic with my phone and he says "sure!". I went to do it and he says, "but not that way. How about you turn it around and get us both in the pic?"

Here is the result
http://members.cox.net/photoc/pics/joe.jpg

edfurlong
11-23-2005, 11:44 PM
Did you ask to borrow money?

Photoc
11-23-2005, 11:47 PM
Figures thats the first response I'd get, LOL.

No I didn't.

Slow Play Ray
11-23-2005, 11:53 PM
cool, seriously.

you'll get way more response in WPT though.

eviljeff
11-23-2005, 11:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The girl at the counter asks him for his phone number and first name.

[/ QUOTE ]

Anyone else think this is a weird occurrence at a barber shop?

David04
11-24-2005, 12:03 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
This is routine where I get my hair cut.

Photoc
11-24-2005, 12:51 AM
Haha, this got moved from OOT to here. This isn't news, views, or gossip. This was more along the lines of OOT. Nice job to the mod who moved it.

DrewOnTilt
11-24-2005, 12:58 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Not at all.

Then again it's routine for girls to ask for my phone number pretty much anywhere /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Photoc
11-24-2005, 01:00 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Lots of places keep a small database of their customers by first name and phone number.

whiskeytown
11-24-2005, 01:00 AM
that's damn cool.

part of me hopes you pimped 2+2 and asked him to come and give us some info and wisdom as Fossilman used to do...

the other part knows he'd catch so much hell from trolls it wouldn't be worth it. I wouldn't want him to be subjected to the juvies of this forum.

I still cringe in terror the day some relative of Shana Hiatt's posted if we had any questions for her and he'd ask and post her responses - I told him to delete the post if he cared about her, cause the [censored] he was gonna read from that post would have infurated him.

RB

Photoc
11-24-2005, 01:01 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Not at all.

Then again it's routine for guys to ask for my phone number pretty much anywhere, and I give it to them /images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP /images/graemlins/grin.gif

DrewOnTilt
11-24-2005, 01:02 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Not at all.

Then again it's routine for guys to ask for my phone number pretty much anywhere, and I give it to them /images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP /images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

In your DREAMS, girlfriend.

Mason Malmuth
11-24-2005, 01:36 AM
Hi Photoc:

One of the things that made Greg Raymer such a terrific world champion was his ability to be accessible to so many people. It sounds like Joe Hachem might be the same way, and that's great news.

best wishes,
Mason

Photoc
11-24-2005, 02:35 AM
Hi Mason. The one thing that Joseph did tell me was that security is a big concern for him right now. He was real cool with me when I introduced myself and told him what I do for a living. But I can definately understand that about personal security, especially since he's so high profile now that the ME has aired.

My opinion of him is that he's a very down to earth, nice, classy, regular "joe". He's right up there with Raymer with both skill and class. He told me that he's still adjusting to his new found fame and that things have gotten hectic. Also, that PokerStars is a great company to work for, they take care of him well, and they definately know what they are doing with poker. I'm still ecstatic about being able to chat with him for a few minutes. Not too often can someone say they did that with a world champ without having to be around a poker table or TV cameras.

eviljeff
11-24-2005, 11:50 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Lots of places keep a small database of their customers by first name and phone number.

[/ QUOTE ]

why? so they can call you to remind you for your next haircut?

bigfishead
11-24-2005, 12:13 PM
ahh but your haircut sucks....see that little "spike" in the back of that crew cut?

jackdaniels
11-24-2005, 12:21 PM
Very cool post and sounds like he is a cool guy.

Nice.

TomCollins
11-24-2005, 02:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Very cool post and sounds like he is a cool guy.

Nice.

[/ QUOTE ]

PASS THE SUGAH!

Vincent Lepore
11-24-2005, 04:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The one thing that Joseph did tell me was that security is a big concern for him right now.

[/ QUOTE ]

Greg Raymer was attacked by gun toting would be robbers at the Bellagio last year. Hachem is wise to be cautious. BTW- them robbers didn't get away with anything and were caught.

Vince

idrinkcoors
11-25-2005, 03:43 PM
Was this at like a Cost Cutters, or Great Clips or something? Glad to see the $7.5 million hasn't made him start going$150 "stylists".

utmt40
11-26-2005, 01:57 AM
Sweet man.