PDA

View Full Version : does my early SB play influence BB's late decisions (how much)?

Big Limpin'
11-23-2005, 11:42 PM
Guys, i know this question is vague. But its pertinant to most all tourneys, so i hope getting just one "non-canned" piece of advice will help me out.

OK, first off, about taking a pass early when you open in SB....well, ive been doing this too much, but dont think its leaking much. Like, if 8 tables are going, and one folds around to my SB and i see A3o, i sometimes dont even complete. Just move on to next hand.

So heres the question....how much does the "average" player take into account these type of things from the early levels when im open-pushing SB into BB? Any? I think it must be something (if we assume he is probably 1-tabling). But, i mean, how much, really?

And the followup, if i have been impersonating a rock...can i now push even a few more hands from SB into him late?

Big Limpin'
11-23-2005, 11:43 PM
Oh, forgot to say of course this assumes that the guy on your left early/late is the same player

Manque
11-23-2005, 11:58 PM
I've wondered the same thing. If it's early and folded to me in the small blind and I've got a marginal hand, I'll usually fold it. My thinking is that this probably happens so infrequently to the guy (at least at the lower limits) that he might actually notice and it would be the only opportunity to show him that you're playing tight.

The reason I would do this is so that I can push more later.

11-24-2005, 12:05 AM
Here (http://archiveserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=2806079&page=0&fpart=all &vc=1)