PDA

View Full Version : Poor no bet or saved bet?

Swiss Cheese
07-01-2003, 10:29 PM
It is a good 15-30 game with a range of solid and fish style players. I am not sure where I rate but I think the play on this hand will tell you......fish style.

I am in middle position folded to player to my right he raises I three bet with Q /forums/images/icons/diamond.gif Q /forums/images/icons/club.gif. 2 callers this means that they were dealt 2 cards, the BB also calls( he on the other hand I consider a solid aggressive player). player to my right calls also we have 5 to the flop.

Flop is Q /forums/images/icons/heart.gif 9 /forums/images/icons/diamond.gif 4 /forums/images/icons/heart.gif. BB bets out player to right calls I raise, button calls, BB 3 bets PTR folds I just call looking to raise the turn, the button calls. My thinking is the BB flopped a set of 9s, or a heart draw.

turn is the 5 /forums/images/icons/heart.gif , now I will find out what they have, button could also have hearts of course. BB leads I raise the button folds and BB just calls.

River is another heart that does not pair the board. BB checks I check. I figured with the pot at this size he is not folding any hand with a /forums/images/icons/heart.gif in it. so was a check correct? If he does have a set of 9s then there is a good chance it is with the 9 /forums/images/icons/heart.gif. Since he did not three bet me on the turn I figured my read to be correct. there aare also a few other hands he could have that also included a /forums/images/icons/heart.gif. So was this check correct or weak?

Swiss Cheese

Swiss Cheese
07-01-2003, 11:00 PM
BB turned over 9 /forums/images/icons/club.gif 9 /forums/images/icons/heart.gif for a rivered flush. would he have thrown the hand away for a bet on river....I think that it does not matter because my weak play did not give him a chance. Then again maybe it was a bet saved because with pot size I believe he has to call.

Swiss Cheese

Swiss Cheese

bobgreen
07-03-2003, 04:29 PM
Were I he, I would cry, call.

Louie Landale
07-03-2003, 05:53 PM
The pot is real big, you put him on a set of 9s, and it sure looks like YOU have a big flush. There has just GOT to be a reasonable chance he'll fold.

This is the sort of thing you need to be considering after the turn betting and before you see the river.

- Louie