PDA

View Full Version : TPTK and a bunch of people who won't budge...

blackaces13
11-23-2005, 11:08 PM
Party .5/1.

UTG is a weak player, too loose and not very aggro.
UTG+2 is another loose/passive player with very few chips left.
BB is new to the table (first hand).

PREFLOP: Hero has J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif A/images/graemlins/heart.gif in MP3.
UTG limps, 1 fold, UTG+2 limps, 2 folds, <font color="red">Hero raises </font> , 3 folds, BB calls, Both limpers call.

FLOP: 6/images/graemlins/club.gif J/images/graemlins/club.gif 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif (4 players, 8.5 SBs)
3 checks, <font color="red"> Hero bets </font> , ALL call.

TURN: 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif (4 players, 5.75 BBs)
BB checks, <font color="red"> UTG bets </font> , UTG+2 calls, Hero calls, BB calls.

RIVER: 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif (4 players, 9.75 BBs)
BB checks, <font color="red"> UTG bets, UTG+2 goes all in for 1.5 BBs </font> , Hero folds, BB calls.

Redd
11-23-2005, 11:10 PM
Given the reads, I'd fold it but doubt myself later because "he went all-in" and post the hand here.

blackaces13
11-23-2005, 11:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Given the reads, I'd fold it but doubt myself later because "he went all-in" and post the hand here.

[/ QUOTE ]

So you like the whole hand then? How about the turn, calling always seems weak in a 4 way pot facing a donk but I couldn't think of/bring myself to do anything other than flat call and hope for the best.

Augster
11-23-2005, 11:33 PM
All I can say is nice hand.

I can't see playing it any differently.

Redd
11-24-2005, 12:00 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So you like the whole hand then? How about the turn, calling always seems weak in a 4 way pot facing a donk but I couldn't think of/bring myself to do anything other than flat call and hope for the best.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I hear you; I always have the same problem in this situation. Interestingly enough, I just tried to get some discussion going on a simliar question in this recent thread (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=0&amp;Number=4011406&amp;an=0&amp;page=0#Post 4011406).

Like that hand, there's several hands that we don't mind folding behind us that could correctly call for one bet, but getting 3-bet really sucks. I'd say this one is closer because of the caller in the middle likely giving us an equity overlay in case we are drawing dead, but against the weakie's hand range I still don't know if we have the equity to raise.