PDA

View Full Version : New to internet poker

420 Cabeza
11-23-2005, 11:02 PM
Been playing live for a little over a year. Finally got internet service hooked up at my place and will probably start playing a little online. Just wanted some advice on how to go aout starting up. What sites give you the best sign up bonuses? I'm guessing I'll need to get poker tracker. I currently play mainly 4-8 live. Should I start at .50-1 online and play 1 table? Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

AKQJ10
11-23-2005, 11:09 PM
http://poker.wikicities.com/wiki/Beginners_FAQ#Bonus_whoring_.28hunting.29

11-23-2005, 11:10 PM
So do you NEED to bonus whore?

AKQJ10
11-23-2005, 11:15 PM
Depends. What do you mean by "need"? /images/graemlins/grin.gif

You will make more bonus whoring/hunting than you will by not doing so. If you find a site you like and prefer to stick there rather than get a bonus somewhere else, by all means feel free to do so. But by educating yourself ahead of time you won't lose bonus opportunities out of ignorance.

Also learn about rakeback. In fact, I just added the bold sentence because the time to think about rakeback is BEFORE you've deposited; afterward it's too late.

Ah, to be a first-timer again. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

11-24-2005, 11:25 AM
Some of the bonuses you'll find need to be cleared at 1/2, but IMO its probably better to start at .5/1. So, don't stress on clearing the bonuses quickly, but rather on just adapting to online first.

AASooted
11-24-2005, 11:28 AM
[ QUOTE ]
So do you NEED to bonus whore?

[/ QUOTE ]

It's free money. Do you NEED free money?

I was a losing player when I started, and bonus money kept me in the black. I'm a big proponent of bonuses. Whether or not you need to start out with five or six different accounts so you're always clearing a bonus is up to you (I didn't), but I think it's wise for a beginner to take advantage of at least some bonuses.