PDA

View Full Version : ($10) Bubble PP and LAG big stack

11-23-2005, 10:44 PM
Big Stack was loose and min-raised a ton. His aggression slowed down a bit after getting to 4-5 handed.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t200 (4 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Hero (t1000)
SB (t635)
BB (t5830)
UTG (t535)

Preflop: Hero is Button with 5/images/graemlins/club.gif, 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold, Hero...

11-24-2005, 01:30 AM
Ummm...help?

(and Happy Thanksgiving /images/graemlins/laugh.gif )

11-24-2005, 12:19 PM
OK...well, this made it past the front page twice with no response, so it must not be that interesting or difficult.

I didn't know if I should push or fold. I wanted to push and be aggressive, but my head said fold and maybe sneak into the money. I pushed and big stack called with K9 and flopped a K and turned a 9. My 5 never got there. Of course, I wish I had folded, but am not sure folding is still correct.

tigerite
11-24-2005, 12:47 PM
It's not that, just we don't know how the others have been playing which also plays a part. I'd probably fold here, FWIW. It's also quite hard to answer, as it's very close either way.

jb9
11-24-2005, 12:53 PM
You can probably fold into the money here unless the big stack is letting the small stacks keep their blinds.

However, I don't have a problem with pushing the 5s. If you try to fold into the money, you may have 3 or fewer BB when you get there, and if the two small stacks each double up (which is possible because big stack will call them with "any 2"), you become the small stack.

Also, folding into the money is not fun /images/graemlins/wink.gif. Times like this, I just go with my gut.

11-24-2005, 01:08 PM
Crummy spot.

I probably push these and pray. Buuuut... it's close. I couldn't criticize either play.