PDA

View Full Version : so I'm producing a few episodes of Ultimate Poker Challenge...

Dominic
11-23-2005, 09:57 PM
...at the Plaza this weekend, and so far we've got Phil Helmuth, Barry Greenstein and Layne Flack as guest hosts. Anyone want to throw in their two cents as to what Chad Brown should ask them? I'll seriously consider all non-obscene questions....and maybe some obscene ones, too.

and in regards to Brandi, no, I have not yet been able to SIIHP quite yet.

gobboboy
11-23-2005, 10:03 PM
How important is it for each person to have their own style? Is learning how to play tournaments out of a book as good as developing your own method?

Beavis68
11-23-2005, 10:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
...at the Plaza this weekend, and so far we've got Phil Helmuth, Barry Greenstein and Layne Flack as guest hosts. Anyone want to throw in their two cents as to what Chad Brown should ask them? I'll seriously consider all non-obscene questions....and maybe some obscene ones, too.

and in regards to Brandi, no, I have not yet been able to SIIHP quite yet.

[/ QUOTE ]

Phil, you have 9 bracelets, why is it you still do not understand poker?

11-23-2005, 10:19 PM
Ask Barry to give a shout-out to the Russian Bear. Perhaps he could say that the Bear is the only guy he fears at the poker table. You know, to boost Bear's self-esteem. Bear likes that.

Kevmath
11-23-2005, 10:37 PM
I'd ask Phil if he can spell poker.

How about asking Chad Brown to take a few days off and get a real host in there?

MicroBob
11-23-2005, 11:03 PM
I'm a former play-by-play announcer of over 10 years (all 4 major sports...mostly baseball and hockey) so I'm admittedly picky and critical on such issues...but I have to agree with Kevmath's assessment here. I'm just not big fan of Brown.

guess his announcing 'style' just rubs me the wrong way.
(but so do several network announcers in various sports).

Congrats on the gig though dominic. that sounds like a fun one to be working.

Beavis68
11-23-2005, 11:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'd ask Phil if he can spell poker.

How about asking Chad Brown to take a few days off and get a real host in there?

[/ QUOTE ]

Phil, you have accused your opponents of not being able to spell poker, but on the internet, you have been accused of not being able to spell JOKE, any truth to that?

SoftcoreRevolt
11-23-2005, 11:33 PM
Ask Phil Hellmuth if he's a total moron, or just an awful business man for representing his clothing line and Ultimate Bet with his tired rants, and if he has resorted to escalating his behavior so much that everyone on earth knows it is just an act because he knows that is the only way to get on television due to his sub par showings as of late.

If you want ratings, you will ask that. Or at least the less insulting first part.

11-23-2005, 11:47 PM
Ask Layne how he thinks sitting out several hours sick affected his final outcome at the WSOP.

Photoc
11-24-2005, 12:17 AM
[ QUOTE ]
but on the internet, you have been accused of not being able to spell JOKE, any truth to that?

[/ QUOTE ]

No good. Its already been proven that he can't spell JOKE. He was never accused.

EnderW27
11-24-2005, 12:27 AM
Ask Layne which he would rather do:

1) Eat a big bowl of chili in front of the kids of Children, Inc. telling them that he's sorry, but that's the last of the food available.
2) Rub tanning lotion all over Helmuth's torso.

whiskeytown
11-24-2005, 12:57 AM
I'd like to ask Phil at what point marketing of himself became more important then playing poker...

cause he's more concerned with becoming a brand then he is playing poker....that much is obvious.

You MIGHT pull out that LV sun quote in the News Views and Gossip forum - the one talking about showboating and ask Phil his take on it, since his behavior is partially responsible for that.

RB

Beavis68
11-24-2005, 01:02 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
but on the internet, you have been accused of not being able to spell JOKE, any truth to that?

[/ QUOTE ]

No good. Its already been proven that he can't spell JOKE. He was never accused.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh come on, this jopke is good on so many levels. Just imagine the shades of red he would turn.

TomHimself
11-24-2005, 01:04 AM
when is the show ever on, i never see it. im from NY btw

MicroBob
11-24-2005, 02:19 AM
I catch it on WGN-Chicago (which is on many cable systems) at about 2am-ish late on Friday or Saturday (can't remember which).
I haven't seen it otherwise.

It's really not that great a show. But the episodes with Dan Harrington doing the commentary were reasonably interesting. And I would have hopes that these commentators might have some interesting things to say as well.

But the actual poker itself just isn't that thrilling.
Small-ish prize-pool being contested by mostly unknowns (with the occasional recognizeable player making it to one of these every once in awhile).

Dominic
11-24-2005, 02:20 AM
this won't air until next year....season two is still airing...and I have no say or knowledge when it might air in your part of the country....but look for it on FSN.

Matt24
11-24-2005, 02:45 AM
just don't have Clonie Gowen as a guest commentator, she is a total moron.

WhiskyRiver
11-24-2005, 03:04 AM
All of these anti-Hellmuth replies are lame, unoriginal, and predictable.

idrinkcoors
11-24-2005, 03:41 AM
I'd like to see them ask Barry how much was his biggest win the the Larry Flynt game. I don't know if he would answer it though.

And I would ask if Layne Flack likes tournies or cash games better.

Lastly, I would ask Phil H. if there is anyone in the world who can dodge bullets like he can baby.

tonypaladino
11-24-2005, 06:16 AM
I would ask something about how much they had to adjust their play with the huge influx of dead money in the major tournmanets like the wsop.

Obviously, the better pros understand that they have to adjust. Hellmuth, although he is a great player, can't seem to adjust to the new situations, and that's why he has been performing so poorly. I would love to hear what he has to say on the topic.

r2p
11-24-2005, 06:34 AM
How about

1. How much time are you spending on-line vs live ?
2. Are you seeing a lot more quality in play due to leaning on-line and then moving to live tourney's ? (Example - Takeover)
3. Where does the serious money go in the future (on=line or B&M)

Notorious G.O.B.
11-24-2005, 07:27 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I would ask something about how much they had to adjust their play with the huge influx of dead money in the major tournmanets like the wsop.

Obviously, the better pros understand that they have to adjust. Hellmuth, although he is a great player, can't seem to adjust to the new situations, and that's why he has been performing so poorly. I would love to hear what he has to say on the topic.

[/ QUOTE ]
I think that has more to do with variance than with inability to adjust. Didn't he get through like 2300 people at the $1500 buyin hold'em tourney at the world series?

JPinAZ
11-25-2005, 10:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
but look for it on FSN.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is it moving to FSN? Right now it's syndicated & usually on sometime around midnight. You can find current channels at http://www.ultimatepokerchallenge.com/schedule.html

11-26-2005, 02:28 AM
Ask Phil, "If there was no luck in poker and you won everytime, would anyone care?"

Salva135
11-26-2005, 11:08 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

A quick look at the Hendon Mob database shows that Hellmuth had 4 cashes in this year's WSOP, and 5 cashes last year. I think the record for most in a year is 7 or 8, so 4-5 has to be considered a solid year for anyone at the WSOP. None of them was a win, but surely no one here believes that a 2-year drought in bracelets is evidence of a slump. Can someone PLEASE explain to me how Hellmuth has "done so poorly as of late?"

I'm not a Hellmuth fan, but seriously, folks, these anti-Phil rants are just so incredibly canned and ignorant.

surfinillini
11-26-2005, 01:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I have to agree...I'm just not big fan of Brown.

[/ QUOTE ]

Have each of them ask Chad Brown to exit the booth.

MicroBob
11-26-2005, 02:46 PM
What can Brown to for you?

surfinillini
11-26-2005, 05:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
What can Brown to for you?

[/ QUOTE ]

He can donk of 15K with AA to Ted Forrest's 92os in a 400/800 limit game...if anyone has seen live at the bike.

rbenuck4
11-27-2005, 12:53 AM
I would ask Phil why he berrates the fish when most pros never sy a bad work to them and just let them continue to make the same mistakes. Why does he educate the fish about how bad they play?

11-27-2005, 09:23 AM
Not related to your question, but I would suggest that you never have Robert WIlliamson guest host again. The shows I saw him guest host he gave the most inane, sometimes outright wrong "holdem strategy" commentary. And Chad just went ahead and agreed w/ everything he said like a puppy dog. I would like to hear what Williamson has to say about an Omaha tourney, but I think his NLHE critique is awful.

tek
11-28-2005, 06:56 PM
Ask Phil if he wrote his books as a jopke as Amarillo Slim did...

tek
11-28-2005, 06:56 PM
BTW, are you having naked chicks on the set /images/graemlins/blush.gif

Matt Flynn
11-28-2005, 11:52 PM
Too much strategy. Not enough color.

1. What is the craziest thing you have seen at a poker table?

2. What's the craziest / biggest prop bet you've been involved in?

3. What is the dumbest thing you have done in your life? Specify poker if you must. Be sure to have a time delay.

4. You've made the final two players of the Big One. Who do you least want to face heads up?

5. You are dropped into a high-walled cement tennis court with no escape. How many 5-year-olds.....

etc.

bwana devil
11-29-2005, 12:16 AM
how many five year olds? duh.

bwana

btw, way to dominc. super sweet.

bwana devil
11-29-2005, 12:25 AM
"Phil, I'm sure you're interested in participating in this week's Crimson Challenge, aren't you?"

bwana