PDA

View Full Version : Post deleted by Mat Sklansky

05-01-2002, 11:48 AM

05-01-2002, 08:36 PM
ive already publicly stated that if a general gun confiscation is implemented, i will begin political assassination of judges, representatives, etc.

so i guess that makes me a terrorist.

brad

05-01-2002, 09:55 PM
Not exactly.

It sounds like you would be attacking those who passed the laws you had a problem with. To be a full-fledged terrorist, along the lines of al Qaeda, Hamas, Islamic Jihad, etc., you would also be attacking their familes, and even people who are totally uninvolved and have nothing whatsoever to do with your bone of contention.

For instance if you decided to blow up a supermarket in the town where one of those judges lives, at dinner hour, in order to kill the maximum number of innocent, uninvolved people, then you would be a true terrorist just like the scum who are doing similar things right now.

05-01-2002, 10:08 PM
Or, brad, if you decided to kill some children at a birthday party, who happen to live in the same state as your most hated politician, because you are angry at a law he passed and want to fight against him, then you would be a full-fledged terrorist; without morals or conscience, and without the ability to solve even the simplest moral reasoning problems.

05-01-2002, 11:05 PM
i would just figure that the US has been overthrown and that people in power were part of the coup.

to restate my middle east position one more time:

i think both sides are at fault, but i think the main danger is the importation (if thats a word) into the american value system of things like torture, etc. (alan dershowitz and lots of others calling for legalized torture here in the US).

since our culture is much more deeply intertwined with israel (look at all the political clout they have), i think we therefore need to be much more critical of them, even if, objectively speaking, the arabs are guilty of much more egregious stuff.

brad

05-02-2002, 01:04 AM
I agree with you that we should be quite vigilant about the things you mention, and that the American value system should not be screwed around with much, if at all. I also think that Dershowitz' suggestion of using torture to force people to testify (if indeed that is his suggestion) is really quite loony and would be scary if many people subscribed to that view (however I do somewhat favor the idea of forcing certain key terrorists to reveal contacts, phone numbers, locations, etc. by any means necessary in order for us to better be able to catch these dangerous loonies and thwart their nefarious plots).

As far as being more critical of Israel, I don't know. It seems to me we should be more willing than we are to say what we think regardless of whose feathers we ruffle, though Bush does seem a lot better at this than his recent predecessors. If the Arabs are indeed committing many and much more egregious offenses than the Israelis I say tell the whole damn world about it. Likewise, governments which rule their own people by fear and force alone are not, to my way of thinking, truly legitimate governments, even though they are recognized internationally. It's disgusting that we must give the current Chinese leadership, for instance, all due respect when they not only are not elected, but rule their own people by imprisoning dissidents, and those who suggest having free elections are sent to prison at hard labor, and special police groups even monitor the internet for signs of internal dissidence. Likewise and even more so, North Korea, a menace to the good people of South Korea and a supporter of worldwide terrorism, should perhaps be told in flat terms by all of NATO to shape up or else. Korean reunification could take on a whole new meaning, to the North's wide-eyed surprise, if NATO helped the South throw out the iron-fisted thugs running the North. It wouldn't be all that hard either, just like Afghanistan wasn't all that hard today. If the Vietnam war occurred today and the US wanted to win it instead of merely holding off the North, it would be over fairly quickly without even using nuclear weapons. Today the free world possesses an enormous technological military advantage over the despotic countries, and perhaps we should use it, or at least the threat of it, to throw out these totalitarian bastards around the world and give their countries back to the people and help them establish decent democratic-style governments. Or perhaps we should wait another 50 years and let the natural process take its course, which seems to be slowly working anyways, and merely try to contain the threats they might pose if they get ahold of nuclear weapons and long-range missiles. I think the world should be getting pretty much fed up with the bullshit by now however, considering all that has been seen in the last century, and it's just too bad we will probably have to wait another 50 years to see freedom in China and in many other countries.

As for civil rights in this country, I agree with you that we need great vigilance. However let's not forget that our country probably has more built-in safeguards for our personal rights and liberties than any other country on the face of the Earth (although this may be in the process of changing, which is why we need to be vigilant).

05-02-2002, 05:21 AM
'I also think that Dershowitz' suggestion of using torture to force people to testify (if indeed that is his suggestion) is really quite loony and would be scary if many people subscribed to that view'

was in la times.

same legal theory as being forced to testify when given immunity.

other prominent people have advocated torture.

brad

05-06-2002, 12:57 AM
>This is a very interesting book that describes >cells of Al Queda, Hamas, and the Islamic Jihad >operating in many major cities in the USA.

>It makes one wonder about some of the posters >here.

So because someone doesn't agree with the american government party line about international affairs, they should be suspected of being terrorists? LOL. How is THAT for logic.

05-06-2002, 02:04 AM
wait for the political neighborhood watch that is being implemented.

nothing like soviet style methods here in the good old peoples republics of america.

brad

05-06-2002, 08:41 AM
I bet that you have file a mile long.

05-06-2002, 08:53 AM
No it isn't. It reveals your misunderstanding of the American legal system. Perhaps you'd prefer Iranian justice? Under Islamic religious law, to disagree with the Koran results in long prison sentences and lashes.

05-07-2002, 10:29 AM
what do mean no its not. you mean what i said about being forced to testify when given immunity?

you dont think dershowitz advocated torture in the la times?

brad