PDA

View Full Version : help modifying my game for very loose/passive live game

11-23-2005, 09:55 PM
I sometimes play in a juicy live ½/1 game.
the players are generally very bad. There are a few half-decent TAGs but they usually stay out of my way.
Almost every hand has 5+ limpers and rarely a real raise (minraise happens). rarely will somebody make a pot bet so draws often get a good price. Most players are extremely passive. They will often just call with top pair top kicker altho minraises do occur. If they go crazy they usually have the nuts but will often slowplay until the river, no matter how many draws are out there.
With a big raise preflop you will always get at least one caller. Usually 2
Does anybody have an idea how to modify my game for this type of game?
Sofar Ive been doing good playing ABC but besides small pairs, I also limp with most SC, one gappers, Axs, and AK/AQ from EP.
from LP I also limp with AJ, KJ, KQ and those type of hands as any monster flop always gets paid off. Should I be raising these pf?
I only raise with JJ+ AQo+ from MP/LP and only raise EP with AA/KK/QQ and sometimes JJ and AKs - is this bad? I know its rockish but nobody pays attention so I always get action.
I bet small with flush/straight draws since the players are so passive. I make overbets when I hit my draws and I also overbet with boats on a 3 to a flush boards and so forth.

Iconoclastic
11-23-2005, 11:37 PM
No bluffs or semibluffs. Bet your good hands but slow down when called. Be prepared to get all your chips in when you have the nuts.

11-23-2005, 11:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Be prepared to get all your chips in when you have the nuts.

[/ QUOTE ]

11-24-2005, 01:03 AM
I play in live games like this a lot. What you posted is a lot like how I play, except I like raising with more hands preflop, especially if people aren't used to it. For instance, if there are 4 limpers and I have a small Pocket Pair, I may bump it up to build a hugh pot if I hit my set. I know this seems like throwing money down the drain for something that happens 1 out of 5 times, but these bloated pots cause all kinds of people to chase, and this is a situation where you want lots of chasers (in general) because its hard to draw out on you.

11-24-2005, 10:18 AM
Yeah I try to stay away from bluffing. I do sometimes bet smallish with good draws so this can be considered a semibluff. If I dont hit and I'm HU I sometimes bet like 1/5 pot on the river because they often fold having a weak hand regardless of the odds im laying them with my weak bet.

I've been considering limping with 2 gappers 5-8 and up from all positions. Would this be profitable?